Old Homes

Kuina, Arisu and An had spent the majority of the bus journey quietly explaining the situation to the group you'd managed to get out. You'd wanted to help, it was understandable that everyone had questions but in order to do that you'd have to ask Chishiya to move and let you leave your seat and that was enough to put you off and keep you still.

You couldn't recognise the area as Kuina led you all off the bus, it looked run down, and empty.

The perfect place to hide from a shady organisation hiding dead bodies in barrels.

"Everyone come this way." Kuina walked through a small dark alley, it was hidden well enough that if you weren't looking for it you'd miss it entirely. You were greeted with a wooden building, it looked just as run down as the rest of the area.

"Kuina what is this place."

"My dad used to teach martial arts, this place went bust a few years ago but he's managed to keep up the payments so technically it's his, he doesn't use it anymore." She explained rummaging through a nearby plant pot. "He had a tendency to abandon things that failed him...ah here it is."

"Everyone!"She unlocks the door, pushing it open with an exaggerated huff. "Welcome to your temporary home."

The bodies quickly disappear inside, grateful for the shelter and safety the building provides. Being on the street felt far too open. It was cold inside, the high ceilings not great insulators but it was better than being in the hospital. "Thank you Kuina."

"Of course, everyone find a spot." She gestures around the room. "I'm going to find everyone a mat to sleep on and see if there's any blankets that we can use, YN could you help?"

"Of course." You take the hand she extends, letting her lead you to wherever the storage room must be. "Are you okay?"

"I don't know how we are going to explain it to those that don't remember." She sighed. "We couldn't get as many out as I thought, I'm worried about everyone still there."

"We will help them, we will figure it out." You try your best to reassure her though you're sure she can tell you're worried from the way your voice quivers. "Let's get these mats."

"They're in here." She flicks the light on, and the storage room is piled high with mats and various other items. "Take as many as you can."

You grab two, dragging them through the hallway and back into the main room. Arisu is quick to help. "Here let me take them."

You swipe a hand over your forehead before deciding to abandon your jacket. "Thank you, there's loads more in the room down here."

It doesn't take long for the three of you to drag out enough mats for everyone, Kuina has managed to find a few blankets and a stockpile of coffee that was half decent. Though nothing you were doing could stop you from seeing the blood on your hands from your time with Niragi.

"What's wrong with you?" Chishiya sat beside you, hands wrapped around his coffee. "You're being weird."

"I did something." You whisper, despite being far enough away from the group  that no one could overhear you were worried. "In the hospital, I did something."

"What did you do?"

"I..I hurt someone."

"Hm." He mumbled. "Did they deserve it?"

"I guess."

"Then it's okay. What did you do to them?"

"I uh…" you wiped your sweaty palms against your knees. "I think I killed someone."