One

Special thanks to worldnewprincess and Mrs_Iron, for their never-ending support

.
.
.

FIRST STAGE: Udon Prison

Three.

Two.

One.

You thrill as they throw you inside the cell, and your side bruises on the sharp rocks of its floor. You still stand up and go back to the bars, hitting them with your head in desperation.

The guard laughs at your struggle and shakes the keys in the air before leaving.

You bite your lip hard enough that it starts bleeding and keep knocking your head against the metal.

Your lungs are burning from the torture, and your whole body is soaking in water.

Breathing still feels like you are in the depth of the ocean.

"Stop it."

You frown when you hear the hoarse voice from the darkness.

You don't dare to turn around, just sit by the grating, holding your forehead against the rigid metal. You see the air escape and paint whirling clouds in the cold air.

"Shut up," you answer silently, glaring at the floor with empty, widened eyes.

A mouse runs through the dust, leaving teeny footsteps behind. It makes you smile for a second.

Heavy chains rattling behind you.

"Watch your mouth if you want to live," growls your cellmate. You turn around and lift your chin, even when you see the enormous silhouette and the glowing amber eyes. You tremble, and a wide grin spreads on your lips.

"I'm already dead, am I not?" you laugh, squeezing the water out of your hair. "My life doesn't have any value here. Neither does yours. Nothing matters anymore. You can't do anything worse to me than them."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," he smirks.

"Then why not try?" you ask silently, a tear flowing on your face. You feel like all your emotions and thoughts disappeared after they took you to this place.

An empty shell.

The man doesn't answer, and you lean back to the grating, trying to reach as much of the dim moonlight as you can.

"Why did they leave you here?" he asks, lowering his voice.

"Leave me alone," you whisper.

"Speak," he hisses and stands up. You shiver as you hear the steps coming closer. "If I ask, you answer."

"If I say leave me alone, you do," you grit your teeth and look up at him.

A thrill runs down your spine when you see how huge he is. Wide chest, deep scars, fire-like red hair. Only one arm.

As he lifts his hand and you look away, a chain tenses to hold him back. He can't come closer, more than a meter separates him from you.

The man snickers as you tremble from the noise of his shackle. You notice that the left corner of his mouth goes upper the right.

One-sided smile.

"You still have more freedom than me," he says, sitting down in the semidarkness next to the wall.