Seven

You frown as you wake up in the other world. Kid looks at you from the edge of the orb, his left arm still lifted slightly. You look at the whirling waves, playing in all the colors that exist in the world.

The man looks at you with widened eyes and you understand that he touched one of the fragments.

You can't decide if it was from your past or his, but you don't dare to ask. At least he didn't find the one from last time.

As you look around, you see the Awakening behind you, at a safe distance from him.

"Come back," you whisper.

He obeys and walks back to you, pale as a ghost. Your lower lip trembles as he looks at you with inscrutable eyes.

"You won't ask, Three?"

"I don't want to know," you shake your head. Kid scowls and stops as he reaches your side. He glances at you strangely, and your heart shakes. Something has changed. "We will probably both forget what happened here. But I believe that part of us will remember. That's how human souls are."

He nods slowly and forces his gaze back to the river. You tremble at how tense his body is.

"Is everything true that we see in these?" asks the man.

"Yes. This is why we can only get dreams and not even keep most of them," you answer calmly. "But this place gives a better chance."

"Because you use your power?"

"Because this is made of the time we exist in," you smile, lost in thoughts. "When I come here alone, it's only mine. But right now, it's everything of our past and future. I only see into other lives when I don't come on purpose."

Kid takes your hand and it stops shaking. His hold grows tighter and he draws a half-moon with his finger over your palm.

You take a deep breath and calm down your pulse.

He may have seen some of his own past. I shouldn't think about it.

"I can't choose perfectly the things we are going to see," you say. "It's hard to explain. I'll try to grab the emotions and scenes that I have memories of. It doesn't always work as I want, but it will mostly show what I expect."

"It'll be only from yours?"

"I think. But here, you can't be sure of anything," you sigh. "I'm not ruling this power the way I should."

Your eyes find the golden wave for a moment as it passes above your head, merging with a red one for a moment before it departs and flows towards the left.

You lour as the memory comes forward of his face and the blade striking down.

But I will, one day.

"And how will we do it?" he asks, his voice still distracted.

"I will do it," you smile. "You'll just stay by my side and enjoy the show, Eustass."

He flinches and pulls your arm. You shriek briefly as you lose your balance for a second and the man smirks at it.

You grimace but can't hold back the happiness that brightens your mind as finally the clouds that hide his eyes weaken.

"Don't disappoint me, Three," he growls, his grin turning into a mild smile. It takes a few seconds until you can look away from his face.

Kid holds your hand patiently and you lift your free arm to the air, whispering silently what you want to see. The orb starts moving faster and the colors blend into each other.