Four

He doesn't move away from your touch as you kiss him gently.

You fail to understand why you're doing it, but it feels like the freest act of your whole life.

Maybe you just hope that he finds on your lips everything you wanted to say and couldn't.

Water drips from his hair to your forehead, and you lean back a little. He turns his head to stay close, and it confuses you.

For the first time, he looks like someone longing for human touch. But you don't know his motives.

It can all be a game for him.

And yet, all you can think about is how terrible you feel because of his state. At least you can tell him this.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" he grins at you. You are amazed at how well he endured the torture and still kept his balance. No wonder they couldn't break him in all this time.

"I can't warm you up. I'm-"

He leans down and kisses you before you could finish. You shiver as his arm embraces your back strongly, his body sucking away the heat of yours as the water starts to vaporize where your skins meet. His kiss is rough, his grip is raw and it still has a strange balance with the softness of his lips.

Eustass Kid is searching for the borders of everything in his life.

He sleeps in this dark cell, but at the edge of the light that manages to enter. He almost breaks your nose and kicks you away, but does it to save you from worse pain.

He has lips that both make you feel cared for and frightened.

When you startle as his tongue asks for access, he stops with a silent groan. You cast down your eyes and lay your cheek against his cold chest.

You listen to his heart beating as it keeps his warm blood moving, running through the veins to protect him from growing cold.

Kid's hand slides to the place between his body and yours. He pushes you away stronger than he should, so you fall off his lap.

His eyes run over your shirt as it drenched slightly from the water, but he looks back at your face a second later.

You back up to the wall as he takes off his vest, then reaches for his belt.

The huge man looks at you as you turn pale and start trembling, then he growls so deeply that you feel like the air shivers around the two of you.

"I won't," he snaps with displease. "Whatever you're thinking. I won't."

Your breathing slows down but your cautious eyes don't leave his figure. Kid sighs and shakes his head, but throws away his belt, then his shoes.

When he starts pulling off his trousers, you look away.

"You did the same yesterday not to freeze," he continues. "Wet clothes are worse than being like this. I'll take them back after they dried."

You nod without looking back at him. You hear as he takes off everything, then you shriek briefly when he throws his boxer at your face. The man starts laughing loudly as you turn bright red and yeet it back to the direction where you suspect him to be. It doesn't get far though.

You close your eyes and listen as his laughter slowly moderates, and he sits down at the opposite side of the cell.

He frees himself from the goggles to run his long fingers through his hair. You hear water splashing to the floor.

"You can turn back," he says and you bite your inner cheek, but do as he asked. Kid sits lazily with one leg pulled up, so it hides the area you were worried about seeing. He rests his arm over his knee and leans forward a little. You see his bright hair falling freely to his face as he smirks at your reaction.