Chapter 2

I woke up the next day, arm a little sore, from sleeping on it. I sat up, swung my legs onto the floor, my feet touching the carpet. I stood up, folded the blanket, laid it on the back of the couch, propped the pillow into the corner of the armrest and the back of the couch, stretched, walked into the kitchen, and turned the coffee pot on.
I searched through the fridge, grabbing ingredients to make a few omelettes. I turned on the stove, grabbed a skillet, and started cooking breakfast. An hour later, I turned off the stove, grabbed two plates, put two omelettes on each plate, put the plates on a tray, grabbed two mugs out of the cabinet, poured coffee into one mug, put creamer and sugar on the tray, and poured milk from the fridge into the other.
I then grabbed the tray, walked over to Kat's room, knocked, and walked in. I walked up to Kat's bed, set the tray on her nightstand, sat down on her bed, and I nudged her awake. She pushed her hair out of her eyes, looked at me, a smile dawned on her face for a few minutes, and then looked at me appalled, and before she could speak, I quickly grabbed the tray, and watched as she sat up. The blanket falling off of her chest, and she had on a white strapless bra.
I set the tray on her lap, grabbed my plate and waited until she took a bite of her food, before I began to eat mine. A few minutes later, after she had finished her first omelette, she said, "You could have came in here with some pants on."
I said, "I know, and I'm sorry."
I set my empty plate on the tray, stood up, walked out into the living room, picked up my pants, and slipped them back on. I walked back into Kat's room, grabbed my mug, and began sipping down its contents. Kat was staring at me, and I said, "What is it?"
She said, "I really did a great job yesterday. I'm impressed with myself. Especially on your chest. It's not so bare with just that Batman/Superman combination."
I smiled and said, "I'm happy for you. I also have a proposition for you."
She took a drink of her coffee and said, "Which is what?"
I said, "I know the rent here must be a lot, so teach me how to shoot tattoos, and I'll help with the rent as much as I can, and I'll even cook you breakfast every morning."
She smiled and said, "Throw in lunch, and you have yourself a deal."
I nodded and then she nodded. When we both finished with our mugs, I put my mug on the tray, as did she, then I picked up the tray, and headed out of her room, back to the kitchen, where I put the dirty dishes in the sink, washed them, dried them off, and put them away.
I dried my hands off as I turned around, and Kat was walking out of her room, and she was pulling on a tank-top, over her white strapless bra.
She said, "Won't this be a bit weird?"
I set the towel down and said, as I walked out of the kitchen, "Will what be a bit weird?"
She said, "We both have feelings for each other, strong feelings, and you'll be living here. You don't find that a bit weird?"
I said, "Not really no, it's actually kind of common. I mean, I find that me sleeping on the couch a bit weird, but this is your home, and I am your guest."
She smiled and said, as she headed to her tattoo room, "Shut up and come on."
I followed her into the room, I took a seat beside her, she pulled out a book, flipped it open, and on one side of the page, were full pictures, on the opposite page, there was a blank sheet of paper, and through this whole book, it was like that.
She said, "Now if you're to learn how to tattoo, you first have to learn how to draw and shade. Once you master that, then you'll be ready to tattoo."
She passed me the book, and a box full of drawing supplies, I stood up, walked to the couch, sat down, and began trying to draw the exact picture. Boy was it hard, but using the tattoo motor as my motivation, my skills increased. Around lunch time, I put the book down, stood up, walked into the kitchen, rummaged through the fridge, pulled some stuff out, and made lunch.
I put everything away, grabbed the four sandwiches, turned around, and Kat was sitting on the couch, going over my progress. I sat down beside her, she grabbed her two sandwiches, and said, before she took a bite, "Five done already. You might be ready, before you know it."
I finished my first sandwich and said, "When do I get my first customer?"
She finished her first, and said, "You have to promote yourself, for people to come."
I nodded and worked on my second sandwich, while she worked on her second sandwich. Once we finished, she stood up, walked back into her tattoo room. I stood up, walked over to her computer, sat down, turned it on, and made me some flyers.
I made sure they looked good to bring people to want to try me out.

                                   ...............

A few days later after I felt like I had accomplished the drawing and shading part of my learning, I walked over to Kat's computer, printed off thirty of the flyers, grabbed them, and walked over towards the front door to the apartment. I walked out into the hallway, around the corner, out the door, and down the stairs. I walked down the street, putting flyers up on buildings, poles, all the way to the restaurant, Kat had taken me too.
Once I was finished, I walked back to Kat's apartment, walked up the stairs, walked in, and Kat was standing in the doorway of her room, arms folded and she said, "Where did you go?"
I said, "I made some flyers a while back, when I first moved in, and I had printed them off, and put them up all over town."
She said, "Let me know before hand, before you just decide to leave. I could have went with you. Okay?"
I nodded, she walked back into her room, the tattoo motor turned on and she began tattooing a customer. I walked over to her computer, sat down, signed into my Skype account and sent a video message to my mom. A few minutes later, my mom's face appeared on the screen, she smiled, waved, and I smiled and waved back.
My mom said, "So where are you at now?"
I said, "I'm in Chicago. I'm staying at this beautiful woman's apartment. She's been teaching me how to shoot tattoos."
My mom said, "That's cool."
I said, "So what's been going on over there?" My mom said, "Well Damien is being his usual self. Morgan and Troy are always having trouble, and Destiny, who is now Luke, just got a job at the hair place by the Public Library."
I said, "That's cool about Destiny, I mean Luke, but I still don't see what you and Morgan see in those two."
My mom said, "Morgan, I'm not so sure, but I don't know what it is about Damien, but I can't seem to let him go, plus we're also married."
The motor stopped, and I said, "Well sooner or later, you'll both leave them, marriage or not, and I want to know when that time comes."
My mom laughed, I heard two sets of footsteps, one headed for the front door, and the other headed towards me, and then I heard Kat say, as she put a hand on the back of the chair, and I seen the customer leave out the front door, "You must be Jake's mom. It's nice to meet you."
My mom said, "Thank you for taking my son in. And it's nice to meet you too."
Kat said, "My name is Kat and your welcome. So did Jake really get into trouble there?"
My mom laughed and said, "All the time."
I covered my face with my hand, groaned, and Kat and my mom both chuckled. My mom said, "Well Jake I have to go. Call sooner. It was nice to meet you Kat."
I nodded and the call ended.
Kat said, "She seems nice. I like her."
I said, "I'm glad. So how was your last customer, could they handle pain?"
Kat has been getting people, who aren't so good with pain, for the last couple days.
Kat chuckled and nodded and said, "She could deal with it, I was a little relieved."