Chapter 3

A few months go by, I'm shooting tattoos on as many people that come to see me. I'm making a band every month, I bought my own tattoo equipment, and I was helping with the rent, until one day, Kat and I had a fight, because I was starting to get more customers, then she was.
I called the landlord of the apartment, and rented one of the two empty rooms. I brought my stuff over to my new home, and then I walked out of the building, and walked to Rent-A-Center, and paid for a couch, a chair, a bed, a dresser, another couch, which I was gonna use for my tattoo work, a laptop, a flat screen 55 inch, and a small table.
I wrote down my address, and walked back to my apartment.
A couple hours later a person from Rent-A-Center called and told me that they were outside. I hung up, walked outside, signed the clip board, and helped the movers move my stuff into my apartment. Once they left, I hooked up my T.V. in my room, set my tattoo equipment up in my new studio, walked into the living room, and sat on the couch.
An hour later, I stood up, walked out of my apartment, locked up, walked down the stairs, and headed to the closet bar. I walked in, sat in an empty booth, a few seconds later, a waitress came over to me and I bought a scotch and then the waitress walked away.
A few minutes later, she came back, put my drink on the table and walked away again. I grabbed the glass, took a sip, and checked out my surroundings.
I seen a nice looking half Korean woman, drinking alone, I motioned for the waitress, she came over, I gave her some money and said, "Give that woman over there another round of what she's drinking, and say it's from me."
The waitress nodded and walked away. I watched the woman, the waitress pointed at me, she looked at me, and I smiled and waved. I probably had looked like a giant goofball.
She nodded, finished her first glass, the waitress took it, and walked away. The woman stood up, grabbed her new glass, came towards me, and sat on the other side of me.
She said, "I'm Tina Kim."
I said, "Jake Tyler. It's nice to meet you, Tina. What do you do for a living?"
She said, "I'm a Comedian. What do you do, Jake?"
I said, "I am a tattoo Artist, at the moment. But my dream job is to become a bodyguard."
She said, "You must make a lot of money, if you do that. And I bet you'd make a great bodyguard, by the way. How much do you make for the tattoo gig?"
I said, "Well I make a band a month, so I guess, I make decent money."
She said, "Where do you live?"
I said, "I live in an apartment above "9 Mag", it's just around the corner."
She said, "Do you mind if I see your apartment?"
I said, "You really want to check out my apartment?"
She nodded, we finished our drinks, I put a tip on the table, we stood up, walked out of the bar, and she followed me to my apartment. We walked up the stairs, I unlocked my door, she walked in, and before I headed in, Kat's voice said, "So this is really how we're gonna end things. On a bad note?"
I closed the door half-way, and said, "This is how you wanted it Kat."
She said, "I wanted us to be together, not me having to see you bringing home girls and more customers then me. I mean getting jealous on the more customers, was childish, and I'm sorry."
I sighed and said, "Me staying on the couch for seven months straight was childish. I still have a kink in my back, that won't come out." She said, "You could have slept in my bed, Jake."
I said, "For those seven months, you didn't even give me a hint that we were together, you didn't even tell me that I could sleep in the bed, so how was I supposed to know. Maybe I could have, I would have figured I would have gotten in trouble. But the past is the past, Kat. Now is the future."
She said, "So what does that mean?"
I said, "It's simple. You don't like this breakup, you don't like seeing me with other girls, then I want marriage."
She said, "Why are you doing this to me?"
I said, "What it's just supposed to be us in a relationship, until we die?"
She said, "No, but..."
I said, while interrupting her, "But what? Marriage is simple. We put on matching rings, show people how much we love and cherish each other, that no one will come between us, be like everyone else, but if that's too much for you, then I'm going inside. If you really want us to be together, then think on it."
I waited a few minutes, she didn't say anything, so I went into my apartment and closed the door.

The next day, I woke up, crawled out of bed, stretched, walked into the bathroom, pulled my boxers down, and jumped into the shower.
A while later, I shut the water off, grabbed a towel, got out, dried off, went into my room, and put on some clothes. I walked out of my room, and Tina was just putting food on plates, and coming into the living room.
We both sat down on the couch, I grabbed my plate, and she said, "Last night was the best I ever had. You just listened as I talked your ear off, and you gave me some good advice. Thank you."
I nodded and we both started eating out food. Once we we're done, I took her plate into the kitchen, set mine and hers in the sink, I walked her to the door, I opened it, she stood in front of me in the hallway, I kissed her cheek, and she said, before she started walking down the stairs, "Thank you again."
I watched her leave, I heard footsteps coming towards me, I turned my head and Kat was coming near me. I walked back into my apartment, walked into my kitchen, and started washing the dishes.
Kat came in and said, "Did you sleep with her last night, Jake?"
I said, "Wouldn't you like to know."
She said, "Don't act like an asshole. Tell me if you too slept together?"
I started drying and putting the dishes away, dried my hands, turned around, folded my arms, and said, "Yes we slept together. Isn't that what you wanted to hear? How I fucked her for two hours, before we both climaxed?"
She looked hurt, I could see tears forming in her eyes, I walked towards her, and put my hands around her. She layed her head in the crook of my shoulder, and I felt my shirt getting wet, from where she was.
I said, "Don't tell anyone or her, but I was thinking of you while we had sex."
She pulled her head up, hate in her eyes, and she began hitting my chest.
I chuckled and said, "I was only kidding. We never slept together. She wanted a friend and I gave it to her. She was hurting from a previous breakup, and I held her while she cried and talked. If I was gonna sleep with someone, I sure wouldn't kiss their cheek the next day."
Kat had stopped hitting my chest, while she listened to me, and then said when I had finished, "Why do you always have to be an asshole? Can't you ever just be normal?"
I said, "Do you always have to be a tease? And normal is overrated."
She said, "I am so not a tease! And you wanted to be normal last night, if we got married any time soon."
I said, Yeah if we got married, but apparently your nature is too above everyone else's, for that to even happen. And don't get me started on how your a tease."
She said, "I won't marry you, unless you tell me on how I am a tease."