Chapter 16

A couple hours went by, a nurse came in, checking on Mandy's dilations, and the third time she came in, Selena said, "Um, nurse? I think my water just broke."
I looked down, and there was a puddle under her chair, drops of liquid dripping off of the chair, adding to the puddle, and her clothes were messed up.
The nurse yelled, "Doctor, we need another room!"
A couple seconds later, a Doctor ran in, and said, "Oh!"
He looked at me, and said, "Are you the baby's daddy?"
I nodded, and the Doctor said, "Bring her in this room next door."
I grabbed the wheelchair, pushed her into the next room, a couple seconds later a nurse came in, handed me a outfit and a bag, I shut the door, I helped Selena up, helped her take her clothes off, I put them into the bag, helped her out the hospital gown on, and helped her into the bed. Hours went by, and I checked on both Mandy and Selena.
I gave Selena shaved ice, and my claustrophobia wasn't bothering me, because I focused on Selena and our daughter. It was just almost four-thirty-six, when I heard people running into Mandy's room. I looked inside, and Mandy was giving birth. I pulled out my phone, video called Selena, and we both watched her mother give birth to little Gracie Elliot Teefey.
We watched as, they wrapped her into a pink blanket, and they handed little Gracie to Mandy, and she was so happy, that I heard Selena start crying on the phone.
I walked over, kissed her, hung up, wiped her tears, and said, "That will be us, in a little bit."
Selena smiled and said, "I can't wait baby. And then it will almost be time for us to get married. I'm so excited."
I kissed her and said, "Me too baby. Me too."
Selena said, "She's gonna be born before your birthday. How does that make you feel?"
I said, "I think we're gonna have to celebrate three birthdays. It's gonna be a lot of planning."
Selena laughed and said, "Yeah. Gracie's, Francia's, and yours."
A nurse came in, checked Selena's dilation, and said, "It's almost time."
She left, and I said, "The anticipation is killing me."
Selena said, "It does take a long time. But it's well worth it, in the end."
After she said it, two nurses and a Doctor came in, they had me wash my hands, they had me take a few breaths, and I heard Selena start breathing heavy. I looked at her, when I came into the room, and she was drenched with sweat, and she was breathing super heavy. The Doctor had me stand by Selena, she grabbed my hand, and I watched Paul come in, holding a video camera.
The Doctor said, "Alright Selena. I want you to start pushing."
I watched Selena as she began pushing, and she was screaming and I knew she was in pain.
The Doctor said, "Come on Selena. Keep pushing."
She did as she was told, and I felt her grip my hand tighter.
The Doctor said, "Alright Selena. Just a little more. She's crowning."
I watched Selena push with the rest of her strength, and once the Doctor was cleaning off Francia, and putting her into a pink blanket, Selena layed back against the pillow. The Doctor handed Selena our baby, and one of the nurses had me fill out some paperwork, of the baby's name, time she was born, my name. I walked back over to Selena and I seen Paul come in, as one of the nurses and the Doctor left.
Selena said, when she looked at me, "Look daddy. She's beautiful."
I said, "She has your facial features."
Paul said, "I see, she has Jake's eyes."
Selena said, "How's mom?"
Paul said, "She went to sleep right after they took Gracie."
At that moment, the nurse said, "We have to take hew now. Ms. Gomez, please get some sleep."
I watched as Selena handed our daughter over to the nurse, and once the nurse left, I kissed Selena, and she instantly went to sleep.
Paul said, "Come here."
I followed him out of the room, and he said, "You did great in there. I am proud of you. I didn't like you at first, but you have really shown me, that I was wrong, you have grown on me, and I am glad to call you son. Last month, it might have seemed like I was giving you my permission, but seeing you today. I am glad to give it to you. She is happy with you, and I want to continue to see her happy."
I said, "Thank you sir."
Paul walked back into Mandy's room, I walked back into Selena's, I sat down in a chair, right next to the bed, layed my head on the shoulder of the chair, and I fell asleep.

A couple hours later, I got woken up, by Selena, and she said, "Can you and daddy get me some coffee?"
I nodded, kissed her, stood up, fixed myself, I walked out the door, knocked on Mandy's door, which Paul and Mandy looked at me, and I said, "Paul. Selena wants us to get her some coffee."
Mandy said, "Me too."
I watched Paul stand up, he walked towards me, and we walked outside to my car, we got in, I put the key into the ignition, I started the engine, pulled out, and drove to Starbucks. I pulled into the drive-through, gave them the orders, then I pulled up to the window, paid, and waited until they handed us our drinks. Once they did, I put them in the cup holder, while Paul sipped on his, and I began driving back to the hospital.
I stopped at a red light, and the light turned green, I started to pull into the parking lot of the hospital, and the last thing I remember as the silver car hit the passenger side, was me taking off my seatbelt, reached over, making sure I protected Paul. I felt the airbag in my steering wheel, smack into my stomach, breaking a few ribs, and I tried to hold the passenger airbag in, failing, and feeling it push my left arm back towards my chest, rebreaking the plates and screws, that we're holding my left arm together, and before I passed out, I felt a searing pain on my ribs, and back, which must have been the coffee, and I felt my foot instinctively hit the brakes, and everything went black.