Chapter 5

An hour later Selena said, "Jake?"
I said, "What's up?"
She said, "Are you even comfortable down there?"
I said, "No. Not at all."
She said, "Wanna sleep up here with me?"
I said, "Sure."
I stood up, grabbed my pillow, layed it on the bed, got under the blankets, and Selena said, "I feel more safer with you sleeping here, then you sleeping on the floor."
I said, "Well I'm here to make sure of your safety. That nothing happens to you under my watch."
A few minutes later, she said, "Jake?"
I said, "Yeah. What's up?"
She said, "Where are we going in Los Angeles?"
I said, "Well I'm gonna take you to your parents house, and then I'll try to find some work, after I get my own place. Probably keep in touch so that couple thing could happen. I'll just have to wait and see what my thing will be, after I drop you off."
She said, "Jake?"
I said, "Yeah?"
She said, "Will you be my bodyguard? I mean since your here with me now, protecting me, until you take me to my parents house. And I have started enjoying your company, I don't want this to end. Plus, you said your dream job was being a bodyguard. So I really don't want this to end."
I said, "Sure. I'd love to."
I got out of bed, pulled my shirt and my pants off, got back in bed, put my arm under my head, and went to sleep.

The next day I woke up, shifted my bodyweight a little, and I seen Selena's head on my chest, her arm was around my stomach. I put my arm over her back, and I felt the soft touch of her skin. I moved her, so I could crawl out of bed. I stood up, stretched, and walked into the bathroom.
I pulled my boxers down, and jumped in the shower. A few minutes later, as I shut the water off, Selena was leaning against the door frame and she said, "Jake. Can we get something to eat? I am famished."
I reached out, grabbed a towel, wrapped myself in it, threw open the curtain, and said, while I stepped out, "Sure. What do you want to eat?"
She said, "I feel like a restaurant."
I said, "Alright. We can do that."
I picked up my boxers, walked past her, and said, "Can you grab my black backpack out of the car?"
She nodded, walked out of the Motel room, leaving the door open, so I could see her, walked up to the car, I grabbed my keys off of the nightstand, pressed a button, the car honked, which made Selena jump, she turned around, glaring at me. I started laughing, and then when I quieted down, she pulled my backpack out, and quickly came back inside.
She said, while she put my black backpack on the bed, "That was not funny."
I said, "I'm sorry. I wanted to cheer you up."
I unzipped backpack, pulled out a fresh pair of boxers, a T-shirt, and a pair of shorts. Selena turned around, I quickly put my boxers on, pulled the shorts on, and gave Selena the okay, as I pulled my T-shirt on.
I put my dirty clothes in another part of the backpack, I zipped it up, grabbed my phone, we headed out to my car, got in, I threw my backpack in the back seat, started the engine, pulled out and began driving.
I pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant, which had a gas station right next door, I had Selena go into the restaurant and order me some food, while I filled the gas tank with gas. When I was done, I walked into the gas station, paid, and then headed over to the restaurant.
I walked in, Selena waved me down, I walked towards her, sat in front of her, and she said, "I ordered you a plate of sausages, hash browns, eggs, toast, and bacon. Was that okay?"
I smiled and said, "It was perfect."
A waitress came over, I told her I wanted a cup of milk, and then she walked away. A few minutes later, the waitress came back with my milk, and two plates. Selena had ordered a plate full of waffles. While we are, Selena said, "So if you don't mind me asking. How many times were you in prison, and what for?"
I said, "Are you gonna run away, hate me, or act out?"
She said, "As long as you don't lie to me, I won't do any of those things. Besides, I did just let you sleep in the same bed as me, and I did just sleep on your bare chest."
"Well I first got in trouble after I turned sixteen. I used to fight with my mom and my oldest sister, because of stupid things, and one day, my mom got tired of it, and called the police. I was in my room, after I had gotten into a fight with my oldest sister, I then went outside to cool off, and that's when my mom told me that if I didn't come back in the house, she was gonna call the police. I refused, trying to calm myself down, and then she came out a few minutes later, and told me that she had called them. I went back inside, got on my PlayStation 2, and began playing GTA. The cop must have arrived a few minutes later, because not only was my mom standing in my doorway, so was he. He told me to get off of the game system, and come talk to him, I had clearly ignored him, which led him to say it two more times. After the final time, he grabbed me by the arm, pulled me outside, and said, he was taking me to the Juvenile center, to be taught a lesson. This day was Friday, so I got dropped off, signed in, and I was there for the weekend. Where I had to sit at a school desk, which they had these desks upstairs and downstairs, one for actual school,the other for where you sit in them for the entire day, unless your at school. But since it was the weekend, we didn't ever go downstairs. So at certain times of the day, it was scheduled for everyone to have recess, look for books on the shelves, for whoever didn't have one, which you were allowed three at a time. Restroom breaks, and then meals. Sometimes we would work out inside, if it was raining outside. And then meals. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then right before we went to sleep, there was shower time. Me, I had no clue why they done this, but when it was my turn to shower, I had to shower by myself, and they put me in a room, where they kept the light on. Even though, they had a room, where the light was off. We even had times where we would watch movies. After my weekend sentence was over, my mom came to get me around noon, right after lunch, which before lunch, was where I had went to school for the first time. After this incident, it led to other incidents, where I stole from stores, and then sold the stuff back, so I could get me things I wanted. I served eighteen months in prison for theft. It led to me getting into relationships, where I loved both women, but couldn't make my mind up on which one I wanted, where it led to where I'd be dating one for a few months, break up with her, and then date the other.  Eventually they both found out, and now they clearly hate me. Which I clearly deserved. All the dating and getting into trouble intertwined with each other. So after that, I got tired of getting into trouble and I moved to places all over the United States."
"Wow, you have not only been through hell and back, but you have seen it as well. I wish you hadn't have had to go through all that."
"Yeah me too, but since it didn't kill me, I became a stronger person, and I have learned from my mistakes and my younger self. So I no longer cheat, and get into trouble."
We finished up, I seen a little bit of syrup on Selena's bottom lip and I said, "May I?"
She said, "Sure "
I had her lean closer, I licked my thumb, and wiped up the syrup.
She stared at me in awe, and when I finished, I put money on the table, including a tip, we stood up, and walked out of the restaurant. We walked up to my car, I helped her in, closed the door, walked over to my side, and she popped my door open. I got in, started the engine and kept driving through Arkansas, heading into Oklahoma.