Chapter 7

Selena giggled and said, "Do you like?"
I said, "Like you wouldn't even believe. Get dressed, we really need to be back on the road."
She nodded, walked past me, and went over to her suitcase.
I watched Selena for a few minutes, but if this wasn't Heaven, it sure was close to it.
She had a gorgeous body. Perfect B cup size breasts, 36 inches in her chest, 28 inches in her waist, and 35 inches in her hips. She was just absolutely beautiful. I picked up the bag, looked back at Selena, and watched as she got dressed. I pulled one of the Doughnut bags out of the grocery bag, opened it, pulled one out, bit into it, and spit it back out.
She said, "Are they nasty?"
I said, "They are horrible."
When Selena finished with getting dressed, I had her grab the disgusting food, while I grabbed the backpack and the suitcase. I set them in the back, helped Selena in, walked over to my side, Selena propped my door open, I got in, put the key in the ignition, and Selena was eating one of the doughnuts.
I chuckled and she said, "I kind of like them."
I pulled out, and drove out of New Mexico and went into Arizona. I pulled into a drive-through, and ordered some breakfast from McDonalds. Once I payed and had the food in the car, I kept driving towards California.
About an hour and a half later, we were coasting through Los Angeles, and Selena gave me directions to her parents house. When we got there, I pulled into the driveway, shut the engine off, Selena hurried up and got out, and while she ran inside, I grabbed my backpacks, one black, the other gray, I grabbed her suitcase, walked up the steps into the house, and closed the door with my foot.
I followed the voices into the kitchen, and Mandy Teefey was sitting at the table, hugging Selena, and Brian Teefey was leaning against the stove, which had something brewing.
Mandy said, "Oh my baby girl. I see that kind man brought you home."
Selena said, "Yeah momma, Jake told me you missed me, and I really missed you both too. We had the best couple days driving through the states."
Mandy looked up at me, and said, "Jake is it? Thank you so much."
Brian on the other hand, was staring at me, like a stranger would, someone who was driving through the states with his daughter. He was probably also sizing me up, probably to see what kind of leverage he had over me.
I set the suitcase down, smiled, and Brian said, "You wrode in a car across how many states with a stranger? Are you feeling okay?"
Selena said, "Dad, I'm fine. And Jake is very sweet and I asked him to be my bodyguard. And he said yes."
Brian gave me a stern look and I said, "Um, would you guys like for me to wait in my car? I feel like I am making him uncomfortable."
Brian said, "Yes.", While both Mandy and Selena said, "No."
Brian said, "I already don't approve of him. One, he's too skinny. Two, he gives off creeper vibes. Three, he looks like he used to be a criminal. And finally no one told me he was going to get my babygirl."
Mandy said, "I wanted it to be a surprise Brian."
Brian said, "I still should have been told."
Selena said, "Dad stop it! If it wasn't for mom telling him to come get me, I probably wouldn't have came back at all. I was ready to live there. I felt like everything was lost and that I was scraping the bottom of a dark barrel, trying to come back up to the surface."
Brian folded his arms, letting me see the bulge of his muscles, and I said, "Selena, I'm gonna go wait outside."
Selena looked at me and said, "Please stay here Jake. For me."
I sighed, nodded, and then no one spoke for a few minutes. Selena finally said, while coming towards me, "Jake, you're gonna share my room tonight."
I picked up the suitcase, both backpacks, and followed Selena upstairs, and we went into the room on the left. When we walked in, I set the suitcase and the two backpacks in a chair in front of her computer desk, which had a laptop, lying shut on the top.
On one shelf had her collection of CDs, on the others were little figurines of Aliens and cars, and other little stuff.
She said, "Do you like my room?"
I said, "It's not what I expected, but it definitely screams you all over it."
She said, "I'm sorry for what happened down stairs. My dad can be a handful sometimes. But my mom is glad that I'm home, and that you came and got me."
I said, "It's fine. If our roles were switched, and your dad was my mom, she would have acted the same way."
She said, "Really?"
I said, "No. She would have been hugging you and welcoming you into the family. She would have also been hoping that we would be a couple forever, and not just one of my flings that I used to have."
She smiled and said, "I like her already. But hey, if you want, tomorrow we can go house searching, so we won't have to stay here forever."
I said, "I'd like that a lot "
A while later, Mandy called up for us to come down to dinner, and sitting at the table felt really uncomfortable, and once dinner was over, I went back up to Selena's room, and sat down on her bed. A few minutes later, I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, and then Selena came into the room, and closed the door.
Selena said, "Jake if your ever happy with one of the other women, and I see you both happy, I don't want you to make a bad decision, and wind up not happy."
I said, "What if in the end, you're the only one who makes me happy, then do you still want me to do what you just said?"
She sat next to me and said, "If I make you happy, then I want you to stay with me."
I put my hand on her cheek, nodded, pulled her closer, and kissed her.
When we pulled apart, I said, "There is one thing about you that still bothers me "
She looked concerned, and said, "What's that?"
I said, "Your height. Your too damn short."
She hit me in the shoulder, I laughed and said, "I'm kidding."
She said, "You better be mister."
She stood up, and began pulling her clothes off. I did the same, and then I watched as she picked up my T-shirt and put it on.
She said, "Do you like when I wear your T-shirts?"
I said, "I enjoy it. You can even do something to that shirt , that I can't."
She said, "What's that?"
I said, "Make the chest piece pop out like that. I can't do that, as much as you can."
Selena laughed, I slid up her bed to her pillow, stretched out, making room for her to fit, and then I nudged my head to my shoulder and watched as she walked over, layed down, layed her on my chest, looked up at me and said, "I'm glad you met my mom, and came and got me. Plus I really hope I never have to worry about being stressed ever again."
I said, "With me here, you have nothing to worry about baby."
She nodded, I reached over, shut the light off, and we went to sleep.