More Oil...? (7)

Burgertron had started to get used to being a werewolf. It had been a few nights since the first night he turned,and about four nights since the vent incident. Burgertron had been getting used to being a werewolf now,and Bonz-eye continued training him as he got better and better with his new senses and skills. They thought it would be way simpler to keep the secret now. But then one night,Kikmee heard rustling in the vents.
"Bonz-Eye? Have you seen Burgertron?" She asked,coming up to her.
"I think he went to the Shiny Room." She looked at Kikmee "Why?"
"I just heard some more rustling in the vents. Do you think there's more oil in there?" Bonz-Eye immediately got up.
"You stay here and guard the vent. I'm going to check on Burgertron." Kikmee nodded as Bonz-eye left.

Bonz-eye eventually arrived at the Shiny Room and went in cautiously. Burgertron was just sitting there,facing the window. He hadn't transformed yet and Bonz-eye took a sigh of relief. Burgertron looked at her.
"Hey Bonz-eye! What are you doing here?"
"Kikmee said she heard more noises in the vents. We thought it was you again. We're you in the vents earlier?" Burgertron shook his head.
"I haven't been in there since the oil puddle was still there. What do you think it could be?"
Bonz-eye began to think for a moment.
"Maybe another animal that got into the mall somehow? I know none of the other bots besides you could make growling and snarling noises like that." The buger bot tilted his head.
"Did Kikmee say what the noises sounded like? Maybe that could give us a clue of what else is in there. Because if there's more oil in the vents," He shuddered,thinking of when he turned and nearly hurt Bonz-eye and DimLit in the vents, "I'm not going back in there."
"I understand." Bonz-Eye said sympathetically. "We should go back and ask her. I had her stay by the vent in case anything happened. We should head back and see if she found anything. Besides,it seems like the moon it behind a big cloud for now. Let's hurry just in case."
"Got it." The two began to head back to the lost and found and walked inside,seeing Kikmee still standing by the vent.
"Oh hey! You're back!" She noticed Burgertron. "So it wasn't you. Then what the heck is in there?!" Her gaze shifted back to the vent. He shrugged.
"I have no idea...But I think I can help you. I just need to make sure there's no more oil in the vents." Burgertron went closer to the vent and sniffed the air. He took a huge sigh of relief and looked back at them.
"The same oil scent from last time is old. I smell some more oil,but some bots may be hanging out by the vents. It's not strong enough to make me turn or go mad this time." Kikmee and Bonz-eye seemed relieved as well.
"That's great! Do you want to go into the vents with us? You don't need to if you don't want to,Burgertron. It's understandable if you don't." Kikmee smiled at him.
"You know what? I'll do it. If there isn't enough oil in there then I'll come with you guys. I'm just happy if my wolf doesn't hurt you." He smiled.
"Well as long as there's no more oil in the vents anymore then I think you should be good."
"Mhm!" Burgertron nodded at Bonz-Eyes remark. Kikmee looked at her.
"What did happen last time anyway?" Bonz-Eye looked at Burgertron,giving him a look that basically was asking if she could tell her. He eventually nodded and Bonz-eye looked back at Kikmee.
"After wolf Burgertron drank all the oil,he got really mad that there wasn't any left and chased after me and DimLit out the vents. Luckily he turned back just as we got out." She told her.
"I see...You sure you want to go back in the vents Burgertron?" He nodded.
"I'm sure! I'm not scared." Burgertron said proudly.
"Alright...Let's hurry so no other bots know we're in there." Kikmee said,approaching the vent. Burgertron and Bonz-eye walked into the vents with her as well,wondering what they were going to find this time.

Burgertron and Bonz-eye took the lead,mainly knowing the way and following the path that Bonz-eye had made last time. Burgertron used his heightened senses to find the difference between the old oil puddle and the new oil scent. Since they were also following Bonz-eyes path,they found the area where Burgertron had transformed and chased after DimLit and Bonz-eye. There were Claw marks and some dents in the area with a small dried up oil puddle.
"Is this where I nearly attacked you and DimLit,Bonz-eye?" She nodded and Burgertron walked over to the messed up area of the vent.
"Look at all the Claw marks here...I sure was mad about the oil running out." He said,examining the scratches on the walls.
"Now,let's go. The scent is getting stronger down this path. And it's not the same oil as last time." Burgertron walked ahead while the two female bots followed behind him.

Eventually,they found an area where fresh oil was. It was dripping out the vent cover,which was bolted shut.
"Dang it." Bonz-Eye sighed. "We might have to come back later with Clogstopper and DimLit to open the vent. We're gonna need their help for this. Burgertron,can you see what's on the other side?" Burgertron nodded and looked through the vent cover,going wide eyed.
"It's the dark side of the mall..." He said under his breath. Kikmee looked through the cover too.
"He's right!" She gasped. "But how would oil have gotten in here?"
"Beats me. But however it got in here,we need to find it out. Now let's head back before anyone else gets suspicious." Kikmee nodded and started following Bonz-eye down the vent. Bonz-eye noticed Burgertron staring at the oil puddle.
"Burgertron. No. Resist it." Bonz-Eye told him. Burgertron quickly shook his head and looked at her.
"Sorry...This urge is way stronger than the moon and stick urges...Let's get out of here before I lose control and turn again." He walked toward them and they all went back to the vent in the Lost and Found.

When they arrived back in the Lost and Found,Burgertron was holding his head groggily. Kikmee and Bonz-eye helped him back to his cubby as he laid down with a large exhale. They both looked at him worryingly.
"Are you okay? Do you feel like you're gonna transform again?" Kikmee asked. Burgertron shrugged.
"I don't know...I think it was that oil in the vents again...Where did it even come from?" He sighed. Kikmee shrugged as well. Burgertron was still holding his head when he noticed Bonz-eye. She seemed a bit sad,not looking up from the ground.
"Bonz-Eye? Are you okay?" He asked with concern. She just shut her eyes.
"No. I'm the one who did this to you! I feel awful. I'm so sorry Burgertron." Bonz-Eye replied. He frowned and leaned up and looked at her.
"Look,you may have made me a werewolf because of that dare,but I know you didn't want to make me a werewolf. You didn't do it on purpose. Besides,you've been helping me out a lot with being like this. Without you I think I'd be lost in being a werewolf. Heck, I think all the other squads would have found out about me by now!" Bonz-eye gave him a warm smile.
"Thank you,Burgertron. Speaking of everyone else finding out,I think you're doing well on keeping this a secret." He smiled back at her.
"Thank you. Ugh, what will everyone else do if they find out? Exile me? What if they do?!" Burgertron began to panic a bit. It was obvious he was thinking of Spud Muffin,his so called old best friend. He had sabotaged him,trying to get rid of Burgertron so he could be leader of the Hunger Hubs. But he kept coming back. Eventually in the Gold Rush Games,Spud lost it and told everyone about his plan. This got him exiled to the Dark Side of the Mall. Burgertron knew if he were also exiled,Spud would obviously be able to have his revenge. But then again,he was a werewolf. Burgertron could beat him easily,but he didn't know if his claws or fangs had venom,which could turn others into werewolves.
"Whatever they think of you,just know we will always protect you,Burgertron." Kikmee reassured him.
"Yeah!" A voice called. It was DimLit who was also in his cubby next to Burgertrons. "We're here for you no matter what, sir!" The werewolf bot felt happy and smiled at them all.
"Thank you guys. We'll it's close to opening time. See you guys tonight."