The Wolf is Out of the Bag! (14)

Bonz-eye sniffed the air. She was trying to catch Burgertrons scent. But the trail went all over the mall! Where could he be? She knew they didn't have to worry about Dave. He was asleep at that moment. Bonz-eye would never regret following his patterns between eating and sleeping. Her and the Lost Bots had to find her friend. Luckily DimLit was great at continuing conversations. So he would hold everyone off from asking where they went...Hopefully.
"Have you got the scent, Bonz-eye?" Kikmee said to her quietly. She nodded.
"It's everywhere! I can't tell where he could be! Whoever has him must have dragged him around the whole mall or something..." She sighed. Bonz-eye then stopped. She sniffed the air again before going wide eyed.
"Wait. I've got another scent." Kikmee looked at her.
"What is it?" Bonz-Eye looked down and then looked at Kikmee with fear in her eyes.
"He's back...Spud has Burgertron." She choked out. Kikmee couldn't help but scream out.
"WHAT?! WE NEED TO SAVE HIM!!" Clogstopper seemed confused.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"I-I think I might know where Burgertron might be...And it's not in a good position! Cmon!" Bonz-eye ran off with Kikmee and Clogstopper following behind her. They stopped when Bonz-eye skidded to a halt. A figure was running toward them. DimLit!
"I'm so sorry!" He panted. "They asked me to see if you were alright...so I had to come! It was the nice thing to do!" And the smartest. Bonz-eye thought to herself. If he had stayed and refused to go they would have known something was up.
"DimLit! Spud has Burgertron!" Kikmee blurted out. He went wide eyed.
"Spud! Oh no not him! What do you think he's gonna do to sir?!"
"Whatever it is, I don't want to find out.' Bonz-eye grunted. "We need to find out where they are. Now." All the Lost Bots nodded in agreement. For the first time in a long time, anxiety began to fill Bonz-eye. She was usually the calm and balanced one, but at this time she couldn't think of a way to be balanced! Burgertron was in trouble and their secret was in huge jeopardy thanks to Spud! He had obviously stolen the triggers, but why? To use them against Burgertron? Now that was just downright cruel. Just then,Kikmee began to walk beside her.
"Are you okay, Bonz-eye?" She just shook her head with a sigh.
"Not really...I'm scared, Kikmee. Burgertron is in trouble and it's all my fault!" She looked down. Kikmee put her hand on her shoulder.
"Don't be so hard on yourself Bonz-eye. It wasn't your fault! We've already told you this! It was an accident. You didn't mean to infect him. You were very brave to help him and everything! Bonz-Eye do you realize how much you've been an aid to Burgertron lately? Helping him with his urges and skills. Trying to keep the secret. Even from us! You getting...you know. And so much! You're amazing. Truly amazing for helping him out with all this Bonz-eye. I doubt anyone else could do it like you could." Bonz-Eye stopped walking and looked up at Kikmee, some tears in her eyes. After a few seconds she hugged her tightly, and Kikmee hugged back.
"Thank you,Kikmee...So much..." She said. Kikmee smiled.
"It's no problem." She let Bonz-eye go. "Now we need to help Burgertron! All of us!" Bonz-eye grunted in agreement and continued walking on.
Kikmee was so kind to her. This gave her a boost of motivation that she needed.
Bonz-eye then heard something. Away from them. A voice?
"No don't...please...you don't know what you're doing...don't hurt them...please Spud, please...!" Burgertron!
"I can hear him! Follow me!" She ran ahead with the others behind her. It was tough not using her wolf speed. She needed it to catch up to Burgertron before it was too late!
By the time they arrived, Spud was behind the large crowd, all of them staring and glaring at him, also whilst yelling. Burgertron looked weak beside him. What had Spud done?!
"Settle down everyone! I know I'm not supposed to be here. But I have a feeling there's something you should see." He said with an evil smirk. They all quieted down.
"What do you mean?" Someone from the crowd asked angrily.
"Well, Burgertron. Do you have anything to tell them?" Spud said, looking at him. Burgertron didn't make eye contact.
"No...I am not telling them anything." He muttered. Spud frowned and looked back at the crowd.
"If he won't do it, then I will...Burgertron is no longer what he seems!" He shouted out, "He's a monster now!" Muttering was heard from the crowd.
"H-He's lying...! I'm not a monster...Believe me! Please!" He begged. Spud silenced him.
"Don't believe me? Well besides the triggers, there is only one other way to prove it." He glanced up at the windows from the second floor with glee. Burgertron glanced up as well and went wide eyed with terror. The moon was coming out! The other Lost Bots gasped and Kikmee yanked Bonz-eye into the shade and away from the moonlight. Burgertron began to grunt in pain,tossing himself around. The squads watching began to gasp and scream in terror. His body convulsed and began to transform into his wolf body. All the bots seemed terrified, while Spud and the Lost Bots didn't seem very scared. Eventually Burgertron howled out, finishing his transformation. He glared at Spud, starting to growl. But Spud pulled out the Moon Photo with an evil smile. Burgertron fell over in pain, yelping and slightly howling. Bonz-eye went wide eyed. She wanted to stop this!
"S-Stupid cookies..." Burgertron whimpered, "If I-I had never e-eaten them I wouldn't have b-become this thing! Why d-does Holwarp still give these o-out?!" Spud began to laugh.
"You still haven't figured it out? I thought you were smarter than this!" Bonz-eye tilted her head. Haven't figured it out yet?
"You see, after Howlarp tested his cookies on another bot, he ate some himself, thinking everything would be fine. But after he became a monster like you, he hid himself away and stopped giving away his cookies. Howlarp was rarely seen around the mall, but shortly after I was exiled I came up with a plan. To make you a monster and get you exiled too! So I stole some of Howlarps cookies and hid myself in the cloak while you Lost Bots were playing Truth or Dare. How do you think I knew you were a werewolf from the start?" Burgertron just stared at him.
"Wh-What are you saying?"
"Howlarp didn't give you the cookies. I did. I infected you on purpose Burgertron."