Family and Smoothies

Ben was woken up to banging from an employee about calling the cops for loitering

Ben was woken up to banging from an employee about calling the cops for loitering. "I'll take 4 jumbo breakfast smoothies." Ben said holding up his wallet.

The employee saw the wallet and nodded "Please step to the window sir."

Ben got out and stretched.

He headed over to the window and put the cash on the counter.

Ben stood there looking around. The sign was different for sure. A full cup instead of a flat sign. More cartoonish.

Linebreak

Gwen had arrived and hid behind the restaurant and changed back. She had looked around the corner to see a brown haired teen in a green jacket and drinking one of 4 smoothies.

"Gwen."

"Ben?" Gwen said, walking over.

Ben held out one of the undrank smoothies and Gwen had excitedly accepted it.

Ben looked at the Gwen before him. She was dressed in undersized clothes and her body looked sickly. Malnourished and weak.

"What happened to you?" Ben asked.

"Me?! What happened to you? You should be dead!" Gwen said.

Ben looked at Gwen and said "I think I'm in an alternate universe."

"Oh that explains it." Gwen said sipping her drink.

"What happened to me in this world?"

"We were arguing and you ran into the woods. I found you splattered into pieces near a flaming crater." Gwen said "Where this stupid watch attached to my arm and I can't remove."

"So you got the Omnitrix." Ben said starting his third smoothie.

"So that's it's name." Gwen said "Wait if you know what it is you must have survived it landing here!"

Ben lifted his sleeve.

"So you got it." Gwen said, looking down at the blue and purple watch on her arm. "What did your parents say when they found out?"

"My dad tried cutting it off." Ben said "They eventually got over it."