My Greatest Enemy

...Writer's block.

Petropia

Standing on the remains of one of many on destruction path, the crystal reflected the light from the three stars of the system

To anyone else it would have been tragic yet beautiful. To Vilgax he only say a job well done were he looking at it.

The thing holding his attention was a mutated To'Kustar approaching that flashed a bright yellow into a different species.

A highbreed.

"Power Plant," Vilgax said

"In the flesh." The Atasian said flicking his cape like wings "What purpose do you interrupt my work?"

"And what exactly would that be?" Vilgax asked.

"I like to call myself a Zookeeper or a Conservationist." Power Plant said.

"A Zookeeper?" Vilgax asked raising what would be an eyebrow.

"This galaxy is full of species, strong and weak, large and small, but they all share 1 common trait..." Power Plant said pausing for dramatics "They are stupid."

Vilgax actually chuckled at that.

"Really? And what claim do you have to back that statement up?" Vilgax asked.

"Look at my own people," Power Plant said showing a hologram "The high council is composed of extremists who believe in purity to the point of death. Even I and my Sister are considered impure even if we have the highest genetic potential for the species. I see it my goal to watch over these...animals to prevent them from experiencing the same as the upcoming fall of my people."

"And what exactly are you doing here?" Vilgax asked "This is a dead world, full of dead things. There is no life for you to preserve."

"There was a method I have discovered." Power Plant said "This world had a backup, one I had aquired-"

"Stolen." Vilgax said crossing his arms.

"Strategically Transfered Equipment to Alternative Locations." Power Plant said the fact a highbreed could grin without a mouth was disturbing.