𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑂𝑛𝑒

____________________

Freedom

𑁍 Chapter one: The Sheriff 𑁍- The Walking Dead -♡︎ By Indigo ♡︎____________________

- The Walking Dead -
♡︎ By Indigo ♡︎
____________________

Ever since the apocalypse started I have to be prepared for anything. Even when I'm sleeping. which is why when I heard a faint zipping I opened one of my eyes the smallest sliver to see my father kneeling reaching over to me. he placed his hand on my shoulder and shook me back and forth lightly.
"mercy, you gotta get up baby," he said tilting his head slightly to meet my eyes. I squeezed my eyes shut and turned to face away from him.
"Andreas already started, you need to go help," he said quietly, just for us to hear. I whined and turned again. I heard him sigh loudly, I hate to stifle a laugh.
"alright you wanna do this the hard way" I heard him whisper. before I could even guess the hard way was, that my legs were yanked out of the tent. I shrieked, attempting to claw my way back into the tent. A few heads turned at my yelling but no one was too worried about it.
Before I could even attempt to stand up, my dad grabbed my wrists and threw me over his left shoulder. I could tell this was a hard task for him because I'm sixteen and also completely limp. he groaned as he turned on his heel, walking over to the white RV where Andrea sat working on weapons. He set me down on the narrow stairs of the RV and crossed his arms. I leaned down and picked up a small pebble from the ground and lightly threw it at the taller man. he swatted the air and huffed.
"you'll be thanking me one day," he said with a hint of laughter in his voice.
"never" I joked, sticking out my tongue to
him. he smiled and walked away. I sat on the stairs for a few more minutes, trying to wake myself up but it was no use. I played with the hem of my pajama top that I had yet to change out of or even put on shoes.
"hey mercy!" Andrea called from inside. I groaned, standing up and walking into the vehicle.

The RV was tiny. but not in the way that things were crowded. there was a small kitchen table with tables and a few chairs, Andrea sitting at one of them. there were also two small beds in the back, amy laying down on one. it was clear that she wasn't asleep but rather just resting her eyes.
"morning" I groaned rubbing whatever sleep was still in my eyes. Andrea smiled up at me.
"good morning," she said quietly.
"Mornin merc" I heard from amy. I raised an eyebrow and walked over to where she was. she played on the bed, the back of her hand laid on her forehead.
"what's up with you?" I asked lightly pushing her. she groaned again.
"migraine," Andrea said simply, checking the safety of the gun she was working with. I nodded, petting the top of Amy's hair.
"hey mercy, we're going to go into the city to grab whatever we can. wanna come?" she asked not taking her eyes off her work. I took my hand off of Amy's hair and placed it back in my pocket.
"Nah, I'll stay back. help Lori watch carl and Sophie. make sure to bring me back a snack though. dads frog legs aren't as good as he thinks." I said simply, sitting down next to amy on the bed.
"why do we have to get up so early?" I yawned. Andrea rolled her eyes.
"it's only around eight. you guys are wimps" saying the last part under her breath. I complained some more before Andrea came to a compromise.
"here, how about you two take a quick nap. I'll finish up here and wake you up when we leave. deal?" she asked placing a handgun on the table. I smiled wide.
"deal!" I said hopping into bed behind amy. Amy giggled. I quickly covered myself with the blankets and snuggled into the mattress
"you're the best Andrea," I said quietly.
"I know," she said sweetly, I could hear the smile in her voice.