𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑜

____________________

Freedom

☾ Chapter Two: Bad Dreams ☽☢︎︎ - The Walking Dead - ☢︎︎❀ By Indigo ❀____________________

Chapter Two: Bad Dreams
☢︎︎ - The Walking Dead - ☢︎︎
By Indigo
____________________

cw:
-mention of weapons and gore
-character death
-and obviously spoilers for season one

The cold breeze and smell of morning rain woke me up from my sleep. As I sat up, pushing the hair out of my eyes, I could see a few raindrops slide down the side of the tent. I quickly slipped on some clothes and tied my shoes before stepping out.

The sight before me consisted of rick and Lori sitting by the RV hand in hand, talking about whatever their minds thought of. There was also Carl and Sophia chasing each other around the camp, attempting not to bump into anyone stating their chores for the day. This included Carol, who had a basket of laundry on her waist, Andrea who was trailing behind her, and Dale who was climbing up the side of the RV to start his watch.

"Hey Mercy," Carol said and she walked up to me. "Hey!" I said giving her a soft smile. she returned the smile, adjusting the basket on her side.
"do you have any clothes that need to be washed? I'm doing a big load today. A couple of the other girls are going to help if you would like to join" she said sweetly, referring to Andrea behind her. I quickly reached back inside the tent and pulled out the hoodie I had worn yesterday and placed it inside the basket.
"Not today, but maybe tomorrow if you have any extras!" I replied. She nodded and waved me goodbye and walked down to where she would start the laundry.

"Morning Merce," My dad said walking up to me, ruffling my hair. I smiled.
"morning" I yawned. "easier to get you out of bed today huh?" he laughed. I nodded, yawning again.
"too cold" I muttered placing my hands in my pockets.
"your such a wimp" he joked pushing my arm lightly. I giggled before turning on my heel and walking over to the kids.

"Morning guys," I said, catching Sophia by surprise as I wrapped my arms around her waist and lifted her into the air. She shrieked and giggled as I spin her around. She attempted to pry my arms off of her but it was no use. Finally, I placed her down on the ground, as she continued giggling. Carl was also laughing, a huge smile on his face.
"so how are we doing today?" I questioned looking between the two kids.
"good" they both replied. I nodded and looked around. I could see Lori and rick smiling at me. it was a nice feeling to just have a normal morning for once, just being with family and friends and acting as if nothing was wrong. but of course, that had to be ruined.