𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑇𝑤𝑜 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑒𝑛

___________________

Chapter Ten: Secrets SpilledWritten by: Indigo___________________

Written by: Indigo
___________________

Having a meal these days is something that doesn't happen often. You have to find the food yourself, whether that be through hunting, stealing, or scavenging. And even after you get it, normally you have to cook it, and creating a heat source isn't as easy as you think.

So whenever Dale and Carol cook up some kind of meal for the group, Mercy thanks them immensely. Including today,

"Here mercy," Carol called quietly, her shaky hands griping the plate. Mercy took it with a soft, thank you. She sat down on the ground, the leaves underneath her crunching.

Today's breakfast was eggs. and just like at the CDC, mercy shoveled them into her mouth as if it was the last food on the planet. But unlike she did at the CDC, Mercy didn't ask for seconds.

The camp fell into an awkward yet comfortable silence. The only sounds consist of forks scratching plates, and teeth chopping down.

Glenn stands up abruptly, wandering around a bit. Mercy assumes that he just needs to walk around a bit, and stretch his legs from the night's rest, but instead, he perches himself at the front of the group.

"Um guys," He stutters, his hand coming to run down his face. Mercy stops eating and looks up at the man. everyone else copies, watching Glenn give his nervous speech.

"So..." he leads on. He turns to Mercy, asking for some kind of assistance. She is unaware of what he's trying to do, but she gives him a soft smile hoping it will help him. "The barns full of walkers,"

Mercys stomach drops. She was aware of the condition of the barn, but not everyone does. and in her opinion, some of these people shouldn't be trusted with that information.

Rick looks at Glenn with a stern look. one that asks Glenn if he's being serious. When he's unable to detect a lie in Glenn's words, he looks back to shane with a nod. The two friends stand up and walk towards the barn. Mercy attempts to grab Shane's arm as he walks past her,

"Dad, no" She mumbles but shane shakes her off and continues walking. Mercy finishes off her food quickly, thanking carol one last time before chasing after her father. The rest of the group was right on her trail, following the leaders towards the barn.

As mercy approached closer to the wooden barn, she began to hear low moans and growling coming from inside. Shane took a few cautious steps forward,
peeking his head to look between the crack in the large doors.