𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑆𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

_____________________

Chapter Sixteen: Prisoners _____________________

_____________________

Glenn parked the car in front of the worn-down house. It was a normal everyday home, just taken down by the effects of the apocalypse surrounding them.

Mercy got out of the car quickly, exiting the passenger seat she forced herself into. Glenn had complained, saying that Maggie should sit in the seat considering that she was his girlfriend but Mercy called bullshit,

"No, I refuse to be the third wheel in the back seat. If I'm gonna do it, it's gonna be while I'm chilling in shotgun," She had argued, throwing her feet up on the dashboard.

The three of them walked to the front door of the home, Rick, Carl, T-Dog, and Daryl following shortly behind.

Rick counted down silently to when he would kick in the door. Mercy pulled out her gun, holding it carefully in her hands.

When Rick's countdown ended, he kicked in the door full force, causing it to swing back and hit the inside wall harshly.

The group filled the house swiftly, taking down any initial walkers that stood at the entrance.

The house itself didn't have too many. Only a couple in bedrooms, or wandering around in the living room. Other than that, it was relatively clear. But it still had plenty of recourses to be looted.

Mercy moved upstairs stealthily, entering the master bedroom. Inside, there was a large king-sized bed with boring bedsheets, a large walk-in closet, and a huge tv.

"Y'think we could bring this with us?" Mercy asks, her hands finding their way to her hips. Glenn barks out a laugh behind her.

"Yeah right. That'll be your job to carry it" He added, turning out of the room.

"Hey! I have amazing strength," The teen commented, flexing her muscles.

"Uh-huh,"

Mercy reaches over and shoves the older boy's head lightly, earning a small giggle from him.

The two race each other downstairs, Mercy winning, and not because she tripped Glenn by sticking out the toe of her shoe on the last step.

"Can you two be quiet?" T-Dog comments with a smile, his words not meaning to be as harsh as they sound. Daryl shakes his head, eyes still glancing around the room.