𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑇𝑤𝑜 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐸𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

_________________

Chapter Eleven: A friend in need Written by: Indigo_________________

Written by: Indigo
_________________

Mercedes couldn't hear anything. It's like the world had stopped completely. She couldn't even hear the scream that erupted from Sophia's mom as Rick shot her in the head. Her fingertips felt numb against Glenn's arm as he held her tight.

She had stopped sobbing at some point, and now tears continued to silently fall from her eyes as she stared at the young girl's body.

For weeks Mercedes had prayed that Sophia was okay. She searched for days, She even took a bullet for the girl. People had started to lose hope, but mercy didn't. Not because she necessarily believed the young girl would be alive, but because someone had to. if someone didn't believe she was okay, then she would just be forgotten about.

Mercedes's hearing fades back slowly, and the sounds of heavy sobbing came from behind her. Mercy turns around in Glenn's arms to see Beth walking over to a specific walker on the ground.

Shane and Rick attempted to hold her back, but the young teen just swatted their hands away.

Beth knelt to the ground and held onto her supposed mother's shoulders, muttering her name. The walker quickly reanimated, tugging on beth's hair and attempting to bite the poor girl.

Shane and Rick ran over and began pulling beth away from her undead mother. but the walker had a good grip on her ankles. Glenn muttered a quick apology to Mercy before standing up and running over to help. The small scuffle ended with a saith to the head from Andrea and a hysteric Beth.

Living in the apocalypse doesn't have any perks. There's a chance that your loved ones could die any day. the apocalypse brings anger, and a world without laws.

So as her father chased after Hershel and his family, spouting some nonsense about him knowing Sophia was in there all along, Mercedes stayed on the ground, dirt collecting on her pants.

She watched Sophia's lifeless body. begging she would wake up again and be okay.

but that didn't happen. Sophia Peltier stayed on the ground, without movement.

and Mercedes was able to see where she was bit. Right on the nape of her neck. right next to her left shoulder to be exact. Right, where Rick told her to keep the sun.

Mercy stayed in the camp that morning, sitting in the dirt next to where Andrea decided to bury the bodies, her knee tucked into her chest, her eyes glued to the ground.