➳ Act Three - Chapter Eighteen

___________________

✦ Freedom ✦

✰ • Season Three - Episodes 1-2❖ • CW - all your normal apocalypse stuff___________________

❖ • CW - all your normal apocalypse stuff
___________________

"Flash Bangs, C-S triple chasers. not sure how well they work on walkers but we'll take 'em" Rick said as he showed off some of the weapons that were laid out across the table. After the first night in their newfound home, Rick decided to send a small group to go through the prison attempting to get rid of any other walkers, as well as search for the infirmary.

"I ain't wearing this shit." Daryl protested as he picked up a helmet, looking inside. Mercy stood on her tip toes behind him attempting to look inside,

"Maybe it's full of spiders," She teased wiggling her thin fingers next to the redneck's cheek. He batted her hand away with a scoff.

"We could boil 'em" T-dog recomend, holding up a glove soaked in some kind of liquid.

"Ain't enough firewood in the whole forest," Daryl complained. "Besides, we made it this far without 'em, right?" The redneck teased, Swinging a led pipe around. Mercy laughed silently at the man's antics, as she chose her weapons of choice which consisted of her gun, and a hunting knife.

Mercedes quickly slipped on a bulletproof vest that was given to her by Daryl, making sure every piece was secure and not a single part of her torso was left uncovered. The vest itself wasn't very uncomfortable, but not the most comfortable either. It was made of thick material that hung slightly lower on Mercy than it did the other adults. She huffed, slinging her backpack around her shoulder and sticking her gun in her belt loop.

"You're gonna be okay, right?" a voice behind her asked. Mercy turned around to see Beth standing behind the closed cell gate. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her expression broke Mercy's heart.
Mercy walked over to the cell where Beth stood,

"Of course, I'm a badass," Mercy responded simply. The comment died on her tongue as Beth pursed her lips together into a thin frown. Mercy frowned in return and set her hand on top of Beth's where it was wrapped gently around one of the bars on the cell door. "hey, I'm just messing around. I'm gonna be fine. we all are,"

"Good" Beth responded with a soft smile, a genuine one.

The group walked through the dark halls, quietly and stealthily. They turned each corner with extreme caution, watching doorways carefully.
Their newfound home was more of a maze than anything. In order to keep their heads straight and confirm where they have and haven't been, each person carried a can of white spray paint to mark the walls they pass. but of course, you cant hand a teenager with complete free will a can of spray paint and expect them not to make the most of the opportunity.