𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑂𝑛𝑒 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒

_________________________

꧁ Freedom ꧂

☀︎︎ Chapter Three - Locked Away ☀︎︎❤︎︎ Episodes 5 and 6 ❤︎︎☠︎︎ - The Walking Dead - ☠︎︎ꕥ - By Indigo - ꕥ_________________________

❤︎︎ Episodes 5 and 6 ❤︎︎
☠︎︎ - The Walking Dead - ☠︎︎
- By Indigo -
_________________________

CW
character death
weapons
alcohol
suicide
foul language
and obviously spoilers for seasons one

The feeling of dread sunk more and more into my chest with every second. It had only been a few hours since the attack. though it felt like days. I had sat there with Andrea, holding onto Amy. I knew she was gone. I knew she wasn't coming back. But some little part of me believed that if I wished hard enough if I cling to her for a little bit longer. maybe she could still be here. maybe.

I was only distracted for a moment when Jacqui called out,
"Jim's been bit!" the woman yelled, walking away from him, pointing at the man. I snapped my head back, looking at the man. there was a fresh spot of blood on his shirt. Daryl walked over, his pickax swung over his shoulder.

"Show it to us," Daryl said, taking the axe off his shoulder and gripping it with both hands. Jim turned around and grabbed a shovel, holding it the same as Daryl. everyone around told him to calm down.

T-dog snuck up behind him and wrapped his arms around Jim's shoulders, causing him to drop the shovel. Jim continued to repeat "I'm okay" until Daryl reached over and lifted the man's shirt. on his stomach, there was a red bite mark. I let out a small gasp. T-dog let go of him as both he and Daryl stepped away from the man. They looked at him with confusion, and maybe even sadness.

Everyone stood around and watched the man as he tried to assure them he was fine. no one believed him, you could tell by the way their eyebrows threaded together and how no one said a word. The group huddled up to discuss what to do. I slowly lifted myself from my spot on the gravel, walking over to the small group.

"I say we put a pickaxe in his and the dead girl's head and just be done with it" Daryl confessed. my heart ached at that. but I didn't disagree. as much as I didn't want to see either of them go, it was what we needed to do.

"is that what you'd want if it were you?" dad asked tilting his head at the redneck.

"yeah, and id thank you while you did it" Daryl responded, proudly.