҂ ࣪˖ Chapter 2

"Where is the box?"
Extending my hand as far as I could I searched the top of the cupboard, taking everything that was kept there down, or better throwing and pushing everything down, I frantically searched that place. There's no way the box could disappear like this, no way the letters can be lost because if they are then... be positive y/n, you might've kept it somewhere else!

Getting down from the chair hurriedly, almost falling, I started looking for the teal coloured metal item on my not so organised desk, in between the piles of assignments and books, behind the containers kept there but it was of no use since the box was nowhere to be found.

My heart was hammering against my rib cage as the anxiety started to creep up, hands started sweating profusely and my body temperature rose up. If someone founds those letters and delivers them to the mentioned boys then I'm done for real... especially with Doyoung.

Taking a deep breath I tried to calm my nerves down, panicking won't lead you anywhere y/n, calm down!

But even calming down didn't helped as I searched my whole room, but no! The box was nowhere to be seen, under the bed, in the cupboard, on the desk, under the desk, on the side table of the bed, on the bed, in the bathroom, it was nowhere! It's not possible that I left it somewhere as I never take it out of this room.

I rushed downstairs, seeing my brother Sungchan spread out on the couch, glued to his phone screen unbothered by the ruckus created by me in the house. With an eye roll I continue my search in the living room. Asking him for help will increase my stress even more.

I looked under the couch and coffee table still no sign of the box. Groaning, I grab my hair out of frustration, eyes tightly shut, trying to recall where I left it.

I agree I am careless, stupid and lazy but not when it comes to letters, they are my deepest secrets. I have hid them perfectly since middle school, no one knows about them and no one should know about them either. I never left that box elsewhere than the top of my cupboard. And I am pretty sure last week when I completed Doyoung's letter I placed it back on the cupboard top.

I stood up from the floor, intending to look out in the kitchen when I saw something teal coloured peeking behind my brother's back. "There it is!" I squealed. Pushing Sungchan down the couch I grabbed the box and opened it, my heart was beating crazily in this process. It felt like my heart dropped a hundred levels below as soon as I opened the box, it was empty.

"Whe-where are the le-letters....?" my voice came out trembling exactly how my hands and legs were trembling. I completely ignored the curses of my brother who was rubbing his knee due to the sudden fall from the couch. I couldn't care less about him at this moment. What I was feeling was even worse than a nightmare. Did the letters get delivered to the boys or did someone steal them? All the worst possibilities clouded my mind as tears formed in my eyes.

"The letters in this box? I posted them."