҂ ࣪˖ Chapter 8

Waiting for Taeyong in the canteen, the previous conversation with Soojin played in my head. Her words couldn't leave my mind.

"Are you and Taeyong dating for real?" Instead of being shocked or surprised she seemed amused by this news. A smirk plastered on her face. "Yes?" She let out a chuckle "Was this a question? Aren't you sure yourself?" She rolled her eyes on me.

"Me and Taeyong are dating. Do you have any problem with that?" I deadpanned. Why is she being rude to me? She isn't like this, she is such a good person. "Yes, I have a problem. You are dating Taeyong. He's my boyfriend." Pointing a finger at herself she put an emphasis on the word "my". "Your ex-boyfriend. You broke up with him two months ago. Do you even know how much he went through?"

All the times he zoned out when we were together, talking about how Soojin loved to eat that, disliked this, laugh like that, smiling whenever he thought about their happy memories when they were together and then that precious smile of his dropping when he realises that she just left him. He was deeply hurt and now when he is recovering from everything she comes and says he's her boyfriend!

Her wrathful eyes which were staring right down my soul, became guilt ridden. She can't even look at me anymore, she knows what harm and hurt she caused Taeyong. "I know I hurt him. I thought he was too naive, too gullible, too clingy.... That's the sole reason I broke up with him. His actions of love were becoming irritating to me...I thought I fell out of love but...I can't unlove him..." Her voice cracked as she fell on the chair behind her.

"Soojin..." I crouched as I patted her back. "Y/N, I have realised my mistake, I am really sorry to you and Taeyong both... I love him. I love him more than anyone or anything. Please tell me you guys aren't dating... Please leave him. I beg you." She grabbed my hands in her as she pleaded with her teary eyes.

"Soojin, that's not possible. I love him. He loves me. We are dating, I- I can't hurt him, I can never do that... please Soojin, come back to reality." I lied? I don't think this time I lied, not even when I said I love him. Standing up I took my hands away from her grip as she sobbed.

"I am not a bad person, I am really sorry, I don't know what I am saying. I was being selfish..." Wiping the tears that escaped her eyes she stood up, with a faint smile she continued "I hope both you and Taeyong are happy, I was being selfish about me again. I am really sorry. Please don't hurt Taeyong. Give him all the love you can... I am sorry." Returning her smile, I took a few steps. "I won't."

The last thing she said to me before leaving was "Only Taeyong's happiness matters to me." This didn't leave my mind. Was Taeyong happy? Did he want to get back with Soojin but isn't telling because we are fake dating? Am I becoming a burden on him? And why when Soojin asked me to break up with him, that angered me a bit. I don't love him more than a friend. Why does it matter to me?

Are my feelings for him returning?

"Babyyyy!" He called from behind. "Aren't you a bit too much?" Ten spat out. Ten is one of Taeyong's friends, they usually hang out together especially during P.E. class, from where they were coming now. "She's my girlfriend, it shouldn't bother you."Taeyong hissed, squinting his eyes at him. "Does it bother you?" He sat next to me, resting his head on my shoulder as he looked up to me.

Looking at his pouty face and boba eyes, made my heart soft as I forgot everything that happened for a second and let my heart flutter for him. "Never." Smiling, I shook my head. His pout turned into a smile as he scrunched his nose. "Both of you are too much! I am going to get the food, do you need anything?" Ten stood up from his seat. "Just the usual, hamburger." Not removing his head from my shoulder he answered.