҂ ࣪˖ Chapter 11

The December sun shone brightly over my head as I settled on the stands in the soccer ground. The sun's heat wasn't enough to make me feel warm as the cold wind blowing made my fingers and nose freezing cold. Thankfully, due to exams or winter there was no one playing in the ground today, no fear of the ball hitting me.

The metal stands felt really cold under my thighs as I shivered, why did I come out!? I questioned myself regarding this stupid decision of coming out in such a chilly winter afternoon. Doyoung who was supposed to give me company right now just texted me a few minutes ago excusing himself saying 'I have to help Jihyun with some topics, sorry.'

I asked Jaehyun, who was walking with me when I got the text from Doyoung, to have lunch out in the field but he had to study for his exam tomorrow. It's December already, the University will end in 3 months. Everyone nowadays is preparing for the final exams as well as for job placements, the most stressful thing ever! Don't think I am not doing anything, I have some companies I want to apply for a job in, I am preparing too, it's just today was my last exam so I am trying to enjoy that freedom, alone.

I knew Taeyong must be busy, that's the reason I didn't ask him in the first place. It's been two months since me and Taeyong started dating and these two months have been the most amazing time of my life. He makes even the most ordinary things beautiful with his presence. His small unexpected gifts, random pick up lines, 24/7 flirting, and especially how crazy he makes my heart go whenever I see him.

He's so unpredictable. One moment he is whining and pouting like a child and the next moment he is looking at me with that dark, intense gaze which makes me feel weak down my knees. Being his best friend for almost 2 years I knew him very well but in these two months I got to know a different Taeyong, and I love this Taeyong.

"It's so freaking cold." I cursed under my breath, rubbing my hands together. Looking around the field, not many students were out here, leaving a few fools like me who decided to come out in this weather. Taking out the sandwich from my bag, I quickly removed the transparent covering to feed my starving stomach. Taking two big bites I let out a sigh of contentment, "this tastes so good."

Taking the last bite, my eyes fluttered shut, drowning in the savoury taste of the meal, guess I was a little too hungry. "Hi, y/n." A honey voice echoed in my ears. Alerted, I sat up straight as my eyes fell on the girl standing in front of me, Soojin.

She wasn't the Soojin everyone knew, the goddess of beauty, who had a bright, lively and cheerful aura around her, she was looking different. With pale skin, sunken cheeks and eye bags around her eyes, she looked weak. Is she suffering from something? "Can I sit here?" She pointed towards the space beside me with a faint smile. "Yeah, sure." I smiled, picking up my bag and placing it on my lap.

"Did you eat?" I nodded in response, "You?" I questioned. "Yeah, I just came here to get some fresh air." She inhaled deeply. An awkward silence filled the atmosphere. I wanted to ask her if she wanted to share something because she definitely wasn't in good health, neither physically nor mentally and not emotionally either.

"How's it going with Taeyong?" She was the one to break the ice. "It's going great, he's everything I wished for. I still can't believe I have someone like him in my life." I looked down, blushing. She let out a light giggle "He's the best person one could ever have. And as a boyfriend, there isn't anything he can't do to make you feel like heaven on earth. One moment he's being all cute the next moment he's all intimidating. Damn! I could never understand how he did it." She laughed again.

Taeyong is exactly like how she described, they must have loved each other a lot. "Neither can I understand." I giggled too. "Especially his flirty lines." She chuckled before continuing "They are so cheesy yet they made me feel butterflies in my stomach." Yes, his pick up lines, I cringe so bad everytime he uses them on me.