҂ ࣪˖ Chapter 3

"The letters in this box? I posted them." He smirked, snapping me out of my thoughts as I looked at him furiously, trying to process what just happened. "What do you mean by you posted them?" my voice came out threatening. "I mean, I took out the letters and posted them to the person whose name and address was written on the top. Don't worry I didn't read your love letters." He sat down on the couch, looking at me with a devilish smile.

"JUNG SUNCHAN HAVE YOU FCKING LOST IT! HOW THE HELL AND WHY THE FCK DID YOU EVEN TOUCHED THOSE LETTERS FORGET ABOUT POSTING THEM!" I am pretty sure the neighbors heard me because I was literally screaming on top of my lungs. To the contrary he was just sitting there, looking unbothered unlike my tensed stance.

"I just touched them the same way you messaged Jieun last week saying that I was cheating on her." He huffed out. "Do you actually think that posting these letters is a nice way to get revenge on that stupid thing!" Oh god, my blood is boiling now, how can I have such a foolish brother. Now he was losing his temper too, he stood up and looked down at me trying to prove his dominance by standing. Agreed he is about three heads taller than me but my anger is much bigger.

"Do you even know how much effort it took me to convince her that you are my sister! You are paying for your own actions." He hissed, crossing his arms. "Sungchan you mf! IF ANYONE READS THOSE LETTERS DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND IN HOW MUCH TROUBLE I AM!" I couldn't keep my anger with myself anymore and somehow my hands landed on his head, pulling his hairs.

I never thought that he would back off because that's how usually our fights end up, pulling each other's hairs and kicking. That's what is happening now. Both of us were pulling each other's hair. He had an advantage due to my long hair but I had an advantage due to my short height as I was kicking him. Everytime our parents used to pull us apart but today they weren't home and it's a kill-kill situation now.

"Stop kicking me!" He groaned. "You leave my hair!" I yelped. "You started it. You back off!" "You forced me too! I am gonna kill you today!!". The living room was a mess by now. Things scattered here and there and none of us was in the mood to back out, it was either I kill you or you kill me. But our fight was interrupted when we saw someone standing at the door, looking like his soul left his body, mouth agape, eyes wide. Doyoung.

"I- I- mom has called you, dinner is re-ready..." he stuttered. Both of us let go of each other simultaneously, straightening our clothes and fixing your hair. "We'll be there in a moment." Voices came out in unison, with a stupid smile plastered on our faces, pretending as if nothing happened. Doyoung let out a nervous chuckle as he turned out to leave. "Go fix your hair." "You too." With this both of us went to our respective rooms.

As our parents were out of town for the weekend, Mrs. Kim offered to feed us for the days when my mother expressed her worries of us burning the house down if me and Sungchan set foot in the kitchen. She wasn't wrong though. On the 2 minutes walk to the doorstep of Doyoung's house, I explained to Sungchan everything about the letters and he genuinely felt sorry after realising his mistake. "I am sorry." You smiled helplessly as nothing can be done now but happy that your little brother accepted his mistake. "Don't worry, let's find a way to correct everything."

"It's the last year of college now." Doyoung's father looked at me and Doyoung and both of us nodded. Everyone was sitting at the dining table. I was sitting in front of Doyoung and next to his mother, while Sungchan sat between Doyoung and his father. Doyoung's older brother Gongmyung lived in another city due to his job. "The academic year starts tomorrow dad." Doyoung informed, taking the last bite of his noodles. "Good. Study well both of you. It's the last year. And Sungchan, it's your last year in high school?" Sungchan, who was busy eating, almost choked upon hearing his name but nodded.

"Oh c'mon why are you talking about studies, I mean they are important but Y/N are you dating someone?" I choked on my food, coughing as I shook my head in a no. "Don't worry she's definitely going to date someone very soon." Sungchan smirked, earning a glare from me as he passed me a glass of water. "Really?" Doyoung muttered, clenching his fingers around his spoon. A frown on his face which he hung low, went unnoticed by everyone sitting there.

"Should I walk you two back?" You three stood at his doorstep. "No,no, we live here only, and don't worry we won't be kidnapped." You laughed alone as the two just ignored your joke. "Not kidnap, but you both might kill each other, I mean that would have happened if I hadn't come on time." He was still shocked by that sight. "Don't worry Hyung, it's pretty normal for us. We love each other a lot." Sungchan wrapped an arm around my shoulder squeezing me in the side hug.

"Let me go!" I yelped, pushing him off. "Bye Hyung and make sure to check the mailbox." He winked and I chased him again to the house realising what he just said. Doyoung stood there laughing as he watched both of us.

"Why did you ask him to check the mailbox! He will get the letter!" I was sitting with my head in my hands, "He should get the letter, he should know about your feelings. It sucks to say that but I want you both to date, oh fck what am I saying." This made me smile, I can never deny the fact my brother is really very cute. "Remember when you said you at least wanted to have one serious relationship before college ends? Maybe it's your chance."

He wasn't wrong, maybe it was my last chance to find love in college, anyways I have to face everyone who will receive the letter so it's better to get myself prepared. Speaking of Doyoung, I liked him a lot to be honest but I don't want to come between him and my friend, which I suppose they both are dating. Lastly I don't have any feelings for anyone I wrote that letter to, I overcame everyone. Just a few more days and I will be over Doyoung too.

I left home early the next morning so as to not to face Doyoung who might have read the letter by now as I saw him holding it yesterday through my room's window. Yes, if we want we can peek in each other's room through the windows. I used to think of it as a blessing as I can see him anytime I want, and sometimes even without him noticing it, but yesterday it turned into a curse as I had to pull the curtains and turn off lights early pretending to sleep. I don't want to embarrass myself even more in front of him.

Placing the books in my locker I turned around to leave for the first class when my eyes met with Doyoung's. Holding my letter in his right hand he started rushing towards me as he saw me leave. "Y/N wait!" He grabbed my hand, "we need to talk." "About what Doyoung? This letter! Ah, I wrote it ages ago and I am sorry but I don't feel the same now." I lied, knowing I suck at it. "But.... Y/N.... Why? I mean why don't you feel the same now?" He looked hurt, but why?

Looking away from his eyes as I can't bear to see that look on his face, I saw Taeyong walking in the class, and this idea creeped up in my mind. I can't tell Doyoung that I still like him, I just can't, it will make me look like a fool and what if he tells it to my friend? She will be hurt, I don't want to hurt a person like her.

"Cause I have a boyfriend." He let go of my hand, he knows I am lying but as usual he won't ask any other question to make me uncomfortable even though he himself is suffering. But maybe he couldn't end this conversation without asking that last question. "Who's the lucky man?" His smile wasn't a smile, it was painful but no y/n you can't break down. You have to move on from him. "Taeyong."