҂ ࣪˖ Chapter 10

"I don't want to fake our relationship anymore, I- I like you, for real. I really like you. Can we start dating for real?" He looked in my eyes, his voice, his eyes, his expression, everything screamed that he wasn't lying. He was serious.

The water that filled my mouth previously came running out of it at a pace that the boy standing in front of me couldn't even step aside to escape that sudden spill of water which kind of dampened his black hoodie.

He wasn't standing in front of me to be exact. While I was sitting on top of the kitchen counter he stood beside me, but I was facing as he was speaking. Before I could turn my face in the opposite direction the water came out.

Groaning and taking a few tissues from the box kept behind him, he quickly cleaned himself muttering a few curses. Still in shock of what I just heard I wasn't able to understand what I just did, I was too caught off in the thoughts that I didn't even realise the water flowing down my lips until Taeyong leaned forward to clean it up.

The soft material of the tissue and his feathery touch made me flinch, snapping me back from my thoughts. I looked down to where he was wiping the water, the close proximity made my cheeks burn flaming hot red, my heart felt as if it was constricted in my rib cage and trying it's best to jump out any moment. I am pretty sure he knew I was blushing due the hotness in my cheeks which he held softly.

"You know you shouldn't joke when someone is eating or drinking something, i-it could be fatal...." I pushed him off and looked in the other direction. He can't be telling the truth, can he?

"Do you think what I said just now was a joke?" He scoffed as he now walked to stand in front of me, looking directly where he should not, my eyes. "I- I don-don't know... why would you want that?" I don't know if he knew that the gaze his eyes held now was my weakness or not but it was working now, he was intimidating whenever he looked at me like that, making me lose my senses let alone my voice.

"Look at me Y/N" he walked even closer to stand in between my legs as he firmly grabbed my shoulders. It doesn't matter how much my brain said not to look at him, my head moved on it's own facing him as if it was controlled by him.

"What I said just now I meant it, I really like you! I can't fake our relationship anymore, it pains me knowing that whatever we are doing, holding hands, going on dates, hanging out, saying I love yous is fake. I like you, I love you for real. I don't know when my feelings for you turned real, when waiting for your texts became a hobby of mine just like how all the 'I love you' became real. At first I was unbothered by you and Doyoung but now it ignites a fire in me whenever I see you and him. I hate the fact that I am not him, that you don't love me.... But can you give me a chance to love you, to be with you, to date you for real?"

The hand which held my right shoulder slowly moved upwards to caress my cheek, tracing small circles on my cheekbone with his thumb. His eyes were fixed with mine, I noticed how quickly that intimidating look in them turned into a much sincere and soft one full of love.

A thousand words were willing to slip out my lips but none did. Nodding my head in response to his questions, I held his hand which was on my cheek, tilting my head a bit in the same direction. A faint smile made his lips curve upwards as those big boba eyes lit up with content. Seeing him I smiled too.

"I love you y/n." He didn't break eye contact for even a split of a second, nor did he stop caressing my rosy pink coloured cheeks. Tucking a loose strand of hair, which might have freed itself from the bun, behind my ear his eyes started to flicker between my eyes and lips as if asking for permission.

He bit his lip leaning forward slowly, still unsure if he should do it or not, if it will make me uncomfortable, if he messed up right now. Even though he was unsure he couldn't stop himself, he was just an inch away from pouring all his love into me, telling me without words how much loved me, making me his and he did that.