҂ ࣪˖ Chapter 12

"Jaehyun! I am starving, how much more time?" I complained. It's been more than half an hour since he entered the kitchen to cook something as my stomach kept rumbling. "It's done, just a minute." He replied.

It's been quite a long time since both of us met apart from college, today I was feeling quite bored at home and again Taeyong was busy somewhere so I called him asking if he wanted to meet up. Gladly, his exams ended a few days ago, he asked me to come over to his house as no one was there and he had to complete some work. And here I am sitting on the dining table with an empty stomach.

"Here you go, make way, make way." He announced coming out of the kitchen with two bowls in both of his hands. He placed one of the bowls in front of me and the other in the opposite direction where he sat down himself. "It took you half an hour to make noodles?" I looked up from the bowl in his direction who looked at me with an offended expression.

"Do you think these are instant noodles? Seriously y/n? I boiled them and prepared them myself from the sauce to the soup!" He shook his head before eating. "Don't be mad, I'm sorry." I picked my chopsticks as well. "It's so delicious Jae! You're a good cook I must say." I complimented the dish. They were delicious, exactly how I loved them, not too bland, not too spicy, with minimal veggies and a lot of soup.

"I knew you would love them, remember in middle school when we visited that noodle shop, what was the name?" He knitted his eyebrows together as wrinkles appeared on his forehead, something which happens when he is thinking. "Chippy Chop Chow Soupy Noodle Corner." The voice came out more dramatic and funny than I expected it to be which left Jaehyun in splits of laughter.

"Yes, how can I forget the name?" His laughter echoed in the whole room. "We visited that shop almost everyday and had to wait extra just to get your special order with the perfect amount of spices, less veggies and a lot of soup." He smiled, stuffing more food in his mouth. "They used so much spices that I always had an upset stomach." I pouted.

"Remember the amount of girls who used to visit there just to meet you cause you won't give a damn about them in school." I giggled remembering those times, the shop owner used to give us discounts because we got them so many sales, not me but Jaehyun did. "I was quite popular back then." He looked down with pink cheeks.

"Back then? You still are one of the most popular boys in college. If it wasn't for our parents being friends I won't be able to talk to you either. Your popularity was and is too blinding." I covered my eyes with my hands as if Jaehyun was emitting bright light. "Cut it out y/n." God his ears are so red.

"Who didn't liked you back in school? You were the best Jae. You still are." I cooed, reaching out to pat his head softly, a habit of mine from before, I used to pat his head a lot. But unlike how he just used to smile and let me pat his head, he grabbed my hand and slowly looked up catching me in surprise. "But everyone doesn't matter to me, they never did." Our eyes met and the look in his eyes was of desperation and sadness. He wanted to continue but stopped with his words as his eyes continued to speak.

Jerking my hand away, I looked in the opposite direction, he did the same. I can't look at him. I don't want to become sure of what I am feeling right now. It's wrong, he's just my friend and nothing more. Get yourself together y/n.

"Let me wash the dishes." I cleared my throat standing up. "No, let me take them, I'll wash them later don't worry." He stood up before me and took the dishes from my hand, walking towards the kitchen again. I went to the living room, sitting on the couch.