҂ ࣪˖ Chapter 9

"You can come in, Jaehyun." The professor asked the boy standing outside the closed wooden doors to enter.

My breath hitched and my heart rate increased as I saw the boy enter through the doors. A soft smile making his plump lips curved upwards as his cheeks displayed two small depressions in them, which we normally call dimples. His ash grey coloured bangs falling over his eyes, as he ran his fingers to push a few strands falling in his eyes away.

He looked ethereal. Just how he did back in middle school. He didn't change at all, he was the same Jaehyun, my first love.

"Everyone, this is Jeong Jaehyun." As I said he was ethereal, he can attract attention anywhere he goes due to his looks, girls can't stop gushing over him. Of course they will drool over him, it looks like he just stepped out of a fairy tale. That's what happened here, I could hear the girls and even boys whispering how breathtaking he was and how they would do anything for him just to look at them. Nothing new to me.

"Hi." What the hell happened to his voice? Okay I take my words back, he changed, he became like two heads taller while his voice looks like it dropped by two octaves. Puberty.

"For now Jaehyun, you can go sit with Y/N." The teacher pointed a finger towards the empty seat beside me, which belonged to Taeyong.

He nodded as he made his way towards me, smiling. For some reason I was feeling really nervous, he's just going to sit next to me and he is... was my friend, there is no need to be afraid of. I gulped down the lump formed in my throat as my eyes diverted from him to anywhere in the classroom.

Feeling the shuffling beside me indicated that he had settled down, and was probably looking at me who had her eyes fixated on the book in front of her. I don't even know which chapter I have opened or what I am reading, I am just not looking up to meet the dark brown eyes of the boy next to me.

"Hey Y/N" timidly looking upwards my eyes were met with his crescent ones as he smiled brightly. Looking at him, his smile, his dimples, his eyes made me forget all the nervousness, it felt like we were back in middle school. He greeted me like he always did everyday in the morning. "Hii Jaehyun." I returned his smile.But before one of us could continue the teacher started his lecture and we focused all our attention on him.

"That's all for today, no assignments for the weekend, just study what we learned today." Mr. Park picked up his books and left the room. "So what are you doing here? I mean you are joining in the mid semester and it's the last year." I packed my bag as I looked at him who was done with his packing.

"My father got transferred back here, so we shifted back. And also because the health of my grandmother isn't very good either." He didn't seem saddened or upset with shifting back unlike most people. "But you could have stayed there, it's the last year of uni. I mean you could have gotten a good job there." I guess I was asking too many personal questions but that's how I am, once curious then I will ask all the possible questions I can.

"I know, even my parents weren't happy with me returning but I have too, I have some things I want to do, which I couldn't before leaving. And I guess I will return back to America after college ends." He let out an airy chuckle.

"Some unfinished business? You sound like the leader of some sort of cult." I laughed again at my own lame joke but unlike Doyoung or Taeyong he laughed with me too, maybe it wasn't that lame. "Who knows, maybe I am." He squinted his eyes on me, while I chuckled again. "You are still the same y/n as you were in middle school. How feisty you were when I called you."

"When did you call me?" I raised an eyebrow. "Just before you entered the class." He winked. "It was you! I thought it was a prank call or something. God Jaehyun you scared the sh!t out of me." I clutched my shirt to show how scared I was. "I thought you would recognise me." His lips formed a pout, I slightly smacked his arm as I retorted. "Have you heard your voice? I could have never recognised you! Your voice is so deep now unlike your previous one. Puberty hit you hard dude." He laughed again. Maybe his voice has changed but his laugh hasn't.