2. this haunting is architectural

TWO

TWO. this haunting is architectural

      Like she said before, Tatum's not afraid of dying

      Like she said before, Tatum's not afraid of dying. She thought about death a lot, being by herself, and over time, she slowly got used to the fact that she was going to die. Death was always around her. Her mom, her dad, Riley. Tatum thought it was pretty much inevitable. She didn't want to feel guilty for killing Riley anymore. She didn't want to live in constant pain. She just wanted it all to be over.

A killer headache is what woke her up. She opened her eyes and they strained to adjust to the light. She felt a searing panic for a total of five seconds until she saw that she wasn't floating in space. She wasn't dead. She was strapped to a seat surrounded by a ton of other people. Her breath quickened. She was on the Ark's drop ship.

"Hey, are you okay?"

She looked at the boy strapped to the seat across from her. She recognized him immediately. Wells Jaha, Chancellor Jaha's son. In the seat beside him was Clarke Griffin, Abby and Jake Griffin's daughter. "Wells? Clarke?" She spoke, feeling very confused.

Clarke held the same expression. "Tatum, is that you?"

"Aren't you the girl that killed her boyfriend?" Asked Wells without thinking.

Tatum glared viciously. "Aren't you the one who ratted out your best friend's dad and got him floated?"

Clarke looked between them awkwardly.

A sudden rumble shook the drop ship which caused everyone to squeal in fear. Tatum gripped the handles of the chair tightly.

"What was that?" Voiced Clarke.

"That was the atmosphere." Wells answered.

"Tatum!" She heard someone call her name. Tatum looked around and her eyes spotted Jasper and Monty not too far away from her, both of them strapped to the wall. "Jasper? Monty?" She gasped.

"Tatum!" Shouted Monty again gleefully.

She made a move but remembered she was strapped in. Tears spilled from her eyes again. She hadn't seen her friends in a year and they were alive. Thriving to see her. She stopped jerking around when the screen inside the drop ship turned on. Chancellor Jaha's face appeared on the screen. "Prisoners of the Ark, hear me now. You've been given a second chance — and as your Chancellor, it is my hope you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us—"