11. god, get me out of here

ELEVEN

ELEVEN. god, get me out of here

      Tatum's violence wasn't unknown to anyone

Tatum's violence wasn't unknown to anyone. Her anger was lethal. They used it against her like a weapon. But only because they didn't know what caused her to be so angry. Why she lashed out at people. It was a simple answer. Hurt people hurt people. But Tatum wanted to let go of her past. To free herself of the chains holding her down, making it hard to breathe. And she thought she was doing that. But Bellamy lied to her. He lied to all of them. And it made her angry.

She sloshed around in the river looking for the radio. She grumbled to herself out of anger, her face and ears turning red. "Can't believe I'm doing this. This is so stupid."

Bellamy stood at the shore and watched. Her anger made him feel nervous. "You're mad." He spoke.

She looked at him with fire in her eyes. "Oh, I am beyond over mad. I don't even think mad is in my vocabulary right now. I am livid." She scowled.

"I'm sorry."

Tatum trudged her way to the shore and stood in front of him, her feet still in the water. "Sorry for what, exactly? Sorry that you've got us out here searching for this damn radio while my feet are getting wet, while you're standing there looking pretty and not helping? Or are you sorry for hiding something like this and lying to all of us?" She said all at once with an angry breath.

Even when he felt guilty, he couldn't help but tease her. "You think i'm pretty?"

"Is that seriously all you got from that—"

"I'm sorry for all of it. But I had no choice."

"No choice?" She repeated in disbelief. "Bellamy, I don't care that you shot the man. I hate Jaha. I hate the Ark. I care more about the fact that you lied to all of us about it and instead pushed yourself to be a leader only to save your own ass."

Bellamy remained quiet, not knaond what to say. Usually, with anyone else, he would be arguing to prove his point but with Tatum, he knew better. He didn't like when she was angry at him.