14. my words shoot to kill

FOURTEEN

FOURTEEN. my words shoot to kill

      Tatum Adler was indeed a cat with nine lives

Tatum Adler was indeed a cat with nine lives. Whenever they thought she was gone, she always came back. Tatum wondered if dying and staying dead was less painful than almost dying and coming back. When she opened her eyes, she winced at the light and the pain that formed in her abdomen.

The people around her immediately stood up. "Tatum?" Said Jasper and he was the first one by her side. "Tate, can you hear me?"

"Loud and clear, soldier." She muttered while in pain.

Monty joined her other side. "You've got to stop doing this." He shook his head.

"It's not my fault the universe has something against me," she replied and laughed, causing another pain in her side. "Ow, okay, remind me not to laugh."

"I'll go get Clarke." He announced and jogged outside.

Jasper's hand rested at the top of her head. "Why is it always us?"

"The world's always cruel to the good ones." Tatum responded, her eyes fully open and she smiled up at him.

He cracked a grin and his face turned red, tears filling his eyes. "I thought you were dead."

"Hey, hey," she spoke softly and grabbed his hand. "I'm okay, I promise. I'm not going anywhere."

He sniffed. "Good, yeah, you better not. If you or Monty go, I go." He declared.

"Let's hope we don't get to that day."

Clarke and Bellamy entered the drop shop at a fast past. "Good, you're awake." She said happily and with relief.

"What's up doc?" She joked.

"How are you feeling?"

"Wonderful, couldn't be better."

"You're very lucky. The knife didn't damage any internal organs. You'll just have to take it easy for now."

"Sounds okay. Just don't baby me." She warned while pointing at all of them.