19. got a sense i've been betrayed

NINETEEN

NINETEEN.   got a sense I've been betrayed

      Days passed by since the sickness broke out

      Days passed by since the sickness broke out. Tatum felt like she was never sick. They were getting back into the swing of things. She walked inside the smokehouse where Octavia and Murphy were hanging the meats. "Hey, you guys need help?" She asked.

Octavia looked over her shoulder. "Ah yeah, sure. There's still meat left in the buckets.

"Jesus, it's hot in here." She put up her hair and took the strips of meat in the bucket. She hung them in on the line to dry. "Let's get this party smoking." He announced.

"You don't want the fire too big, so maybe just try to
knock it down with some wet leaves." Said Octavia.

"You get that from your boyfriend, grounder pounder?"

Tatum looked at him and glared. "She didn't ass for your smart ass remarks."

"And she's right. Hot fire is not gonna preserve the meat as well." Murphy stepped in.

"You can't take the heat, get out of the smokehouse," Del sneered like an idiot. "Should be kissing our asses for being allowed back in this camp. Just keep working."

"Better watch yourself before I throw you into the fire." Tatum threatened.

"You sure got a mouth on you, boyfriend killer."

Before she could lunge at him, Murphy grabbed her arm and traded places with her. Tatum glared fire at him. "Let me go." She muttered and jerked out of his grasp. They went back to working in silence, the air extremely hot.

"Bellamy couldn't get you two better jobs?" Murphy asked the girls. "Would think anything would be better than working in the meat furnace."

"Oh, probably. That just means someone else would have to it." Responded Octavia.

"Jokes on you two. I actually enjoy it. It's like my own version of a sauna. I can feel myself losing five pounds already." Said Tatum, making them laugh. She noticed the heat was starting to pick up. "Hey guys, it's getting really hot in here."