25. r.i.p to my youth

TWENTY FIVE. r.i.p to my youth

      Tatum pulled her black hair up and off her neck which was burning from the hot sun

Tatum pulled her black hair up and off her neck which was burning from the hot sun. It didn't help her back either. There wasn't a soul in sight besides them. Lincoln still had Octavia slung over his back and he walked as fast he could to his village.

She spotted the entrance with two large moss covered stones, one toppled over the other. A very large Abraham Lincoln statue sat in the middle. "Wow." She muttered to herself.

Lincoln gently placed Octavia on the ground and laid her against a rock. "Now sleep, I'll be back with the antidote as soon as I can." He softly told her, cupping the side of her face.

Tatum's heart was heavy as she watched them. When he stood up, she took his place and crouched in front of Octavia to let her know she was still there. Her breathing was heavy and rigid. Her eyes flickered upward, and she realized where they were. "You brought us to your village."

"I won't let you die."

She looked at Tatum. "Did you know about this?" She questioned and her head titled side to side.

"Maybe, but I won't let you die either. I can't." She emphasized.

Octavia began to panick. "Lincoln. . . Lincoln, they'll kill you—"

"Hey, hey," he interrupted and crouched in front of her again. "Only if they catch me. Stay alive. Stay quiet.  Tatum will be here the whole time. Right Tatum?" He asked the girl.

She nodded quickly and hummed. "Yes."

He stood up and faced her. "Take care of her, please." He pleaded.

Tatum's sucked in a breath and nodded again. "Yeah. Don't die." She awkwardly replied.

He took off into the woods and Tatum sat by Octavia. She wrapped an arm around her shoulder and let her lean on her. "Tatum, i'm scared." She whimpered.

"Don't be scared, Via.  I'm right here. Lincoln will be back and you'll be all better.  I promise."

She shut her eyes and tried to steady her breathing.  "Tate?" She spoke again.

"Yeah?"

She began to tremble and exhaled heavy breaths against her shoulder. "I love you." She managed to slip out.

Tatum swallowed a large lump in her throat. "I love you too. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise." She laid her head on top of her and closed her eyes, feeling tears slide down her dirty face. She needed to protect her. Not just for her, but for Bellamy. Octavia was his sister. And Tatum loved her like a sister.

They only had each other at this point.

Bellamy sat on the rough ground with his hands handcuffed together. His face was bloody and dirty and almost unrecognizable. Finn jogged over to him.  "We're leaving." He announced.

"What? This is where they'll come back."

"I don't think they're coming back." Said the spacewalker. "The grounders took them and you know that."

Bellamy looked away from him and down at his feet.

"Look, we go with Kane to Alpha station. We get reinforcements. Weapons. Then we find our friends."

"One question: how many more of us will be dead by then?" Bellamy shot out of frustration.

Finn didn't know how to answer. He looked behind him at Raven, who was unconscious on the stretcher. "Abby says Raven needs surgery or she's gonna die. It's time to go." He acknowledged.

Bellamy looked at a very pale Raven. Their relationship was complicated. He thought they were friends until the night in his tent when Tatum walked in on them. He didn't like her like that and she knew that but she kissed him anyway. Tatum was her best friend. But he still cared for her and he didn't want her to die.

"Abby, get ready to move out." Kane announced.

One of his men pulled Bellamy up by his arm and walked him forward with everyone else. His eyes locked with Abby's, who was currently craving something into the wall of the drop ship. They walked through the woods to Alpha station. "I'm coming, Tatum. I promise." He whispered to himself.

Jasper laid flat on his bed with his hands behind his head. Everyone around him was talking with their friends and running around but he only stared at the top bunk that was over him. For as long as he could remember, he and Tatum talked about a safe place. They talked about one day finding somewhere safe where they could be kids and spend the rest of their lives together with Monty. Tatum wanted nothing more than to be with her friends and Jasper felt wrong being in Mount Weather without her. This was what she wanted and now she was gone.

Monty sat on his bed across from him and stared at him with a sad look on his face. "Are you thinking about her again?" He asked.

"I don't think I can stop." He admitted

"We're going to find her."

"What if we're too late?"

"This is Tatum we're talking about," Monty said with a chuckle. "She doesn't give up that easily. It'll take a lot to bring her down."

Jasper still didn't say anything. He couldn't be happy. Not when his best friend was somewhere out there. Or maybe she was dead. The thought made him nauseous. Jasper closed his eyes tightly and he covered his face, trying to get rid of the sickly feeling in his stomach.