20. black out days

TWENTY

TWENTY. black out days

      No matter how different she thought, Tatum was strong

      No matter how different she thought, Tatum was strong. She survived things that would break a person, especially a girl so young. Her only family died, leaving her a lonely fourteen year old girl. A girl so young that she fell in love with a boy that clouded her judgment until he started to hurt her. But she stayed strong. Even after losing a child, she stayed spirited. Never allowing herself to show her vulnerability, not even to those she'd known since childhood. She never sobbed or wailed. Her grief was horribly discreet but as persistent and almost as silent as bleeding from an unstitched wound. 

Raven was her first girl friend. They grew up together before she and Finn started dating. They spent their entire girlhood together. Raven would come to her about Finn, about how in love she was. Tatum would cry to her about her father. She watched the relationship between Raven and Finn blossom for years.

Then he ruined it and just like those little girls they once were, Raven came crying to her. Her heart broken. And Tatum welcomed her with open arms because she loved her. Raven was her sister. But now that was ruined too.

Raven knew how she felt about Bellamy, but she only thought of herself. About her broken heart and how she could repair it. Her heart was destroyed by a boy who fell in love with someone else. Only she didn't think to consider how she would be taking a boy who was also in love with someone else. 

"He's just a man, Tatum. A stupid man." She told herself while lying on her bed. She finished crying. Her face was splotched red. But he wasn't just a man. Tatum had cheated death on numerous occasions but Bellamy Blake was something she couldn't cheat.

Clarke and Finn still weren't back yet. They were planning a search party. Tatum excited her tent and met everyone outside.

"Take a weapon and a walkie-talkie to communicate. They're probably wondering around." Bellamy ordered the camp of delinquents.

She took one of the radios and grabbed a machete from the weapons table.

"Tatum, you're—"

"I'm going alone."