𝙲 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝟷

'God this is boring'

Sophie otherwise known as soph thought as she heard her father and her step mom talk about baby names for the child growing in Haley's stomach

"How about Jack?" Sophie voiced as her father and Haley's heads turned towards her simultaneously. 

"Isn't that a bit basic" Haley said whilst scrunching up her nose to show her obvious disgust towards the name.

Sophie bit her tongue and rolled her eyes and continued studying. She could see her father muttering jack to himself, testing to see if Jack was the right name for his new born baby that was coming into this world . 

It was clear to anyone who had eyes that Sophie did not hate Haley as she was her father's wife but she definitely disliked her.

It was the fact that Sophie and her father were alone for a part of their life's when Haley suddenly walked in. After Sophie's mom had left her on the doorstep of Aaron's house with a note in the basket claiming that soph was his daughter-a result of a one night stand- and,that she wanted nothing to do with her.

Aaron decided to take Sophie in as he had always dreamed of becoming a father. Sure it was in the most unexpected way but he finally had what he wanted

Sophie's life revolved around her father after that as it was just her and her father whilst she was growing up. She had no other parental figure in her life besides her father and she looked up to him.Sophie  was so used to the little imaginary bubble she had put for her and her father until Haley came into their lives. 

Soph pretended not to care because she could see her father was happy. He was finally content. If he was happy, then so was she. After he asked Haley to marry him and they finally had their wedding, Sophie felt like she no longer had her father there for her anymore. 

The only reason she disliked Haley was because of that. She had lost the person she gave her all to. The only person who fully knew about her dislike towards Haley was her brother Spence otherwise known as Spencer Reid. 

She could trust him with anything and vise versa. The two had met years ago when her father had to get something from the office and he had instructed her not to wander around. Her being a curious child, wandered around and ended up looking into a room where Spencer was staring at a chess board thoughtfully. 

She thought he needed help so she spoke out and instructed him to move some of the chess pieces around and whilst she was helping him Aaron was pacing around Penelope's Garcia's little cave and was worrying. Like a lot.

 He asked Penelope Garcia to pull up the cameras and what he saw made him immediately soften. It was Spencer and Sophie playing chess together

"This girls gonna be the death of me" he muttered as Garcia laughed clearly enjoying her boss getting riled up so easily 

"No you have to move it there, so that way you can win"

"I never thought about it that way"

"That's because your dumb silly" she sassily replied. 

"Hey! I have an IQ of -

He was cut off by Aaron clearing his throat. As soon as Sophie's head turned and saw her father she quickly ran up to him and wrapped her tiny arms around his legs.

"Daddy, look I made a new friend" the child eagerly told him. Aaron chuckled at Spencer's bewildered face and looked back at his little girl and picked her up wrapping his arms around her tiny waist

"Yes I can see that"

Spencer was fairly new in the Bau and when he saw that the girl he was arguing with and was playing chess with, was one of his bosses daughter, he started apologizing.