C h a p t e r 1 4

Sophie's plans with her stepmother to go to the new mall had cancelled as Haley wanted the whole family to be there. 

With her dad not being there, haley rescheduled to have the appointment at another time and Sophie was fine with it as she had a lot of schoolwork to do that she had been procastinating about doing for a long time.

 As she finished her work,she began making her way downstairs and she heard her stepmother on the phone with someone. Sophie tried to be discreet about it to see who it was but as soon she took a step on the floorboard, it had creaked and alerted Haley which prompted her to end the call whispering something in haste.

Sophie wondered who that could be 

"Hey Soph almost didn't hear you coming down, you need anything?" Haley asked Sophie approaching her. Sophie nodded her head to the kitchen to gesture she was going to make a snack for herself and Haley awkwardly moved out of the way. 

That was weird. 

As soon as she went into the kitchen, she called Spencer for any updates about the case. 

"Hey Soph, I'm kind of busy right now as Gideon is interviewing this guy in this case of ours. Can I call you back in a bit?" Spencer spoke quickly and it really did give Sophie the hint that he was  busy so she said goodbye and hung up preparing ingrediants to make cookies (since she was craving them).

As she started to crack the eggs for her batter she heard a rustling sound from beneath her which made her look down to see her brother smiling goofily at her. 

"Shouldn't you be eating right now?" Sophie put her hands on her hips as Jack started climbing up her legs (really cutely) as she picked him up and placed him on her hip. Now that he was finally settled on her hip, he pointed at the batter in front of them.

"You wanna try mixing?" she asked him which made him nod profusely making Sophie giggle. Truth to be told, she never had any opportunities like this as a kid as her dad was always working and she never made any friends when she was a kid. 

Seeing her brother have the childhood that she always wanted warmed her heart in many ways 

Haley who was now watching the entire interaction tried to picture discreetly as this was a moment to be treasured in the years later but Jack immediately noticed pointing at her which made Sophie turn around.

 They both looked at each other with a mischevious look in their eyes which made Haley confused just for a moment until they both grabbed handfuls of flour and started throwing it at Haley which made her shriek and made both of the children laugh so hard that Sophie nearly dropped Jack. 

"Oh it's definitely on" Haley grabbed two eggs and threw it at the both of them which made them both hide under the kitchen counter. 

Safe to say this food fight lasted more than a couple of hours and that's how Aaron Hotchner found his wife and kids when he came back home from working all day. He was relieved to find his family safe because he thought they were at the mall instead of at home. His family was safe and genuinely happy and he wouldn't have it other way. 

Close my eyes, fantasize
Three clicks and I'm home

- I know the end 

A/N: How are you, my loveliessss <333. I felt bad for not updating and i thought it was time to updatee. Hope everyones 6 week holiday is going well but taylor sang EXILE AND DRESS?! Two of my fav songs frfr and what a loss it was for me. Also watching tsitp and jeremiah's pissing me off on a different level mann. Like leave belly and conrad alone. Anyways, hope u guys enjoyed this chapter and please remember to always take care of yourselfs and put urself first, always <3.Bye mylovesss

Bye mylovesss