𝙲 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝟹

"And checkmate" Sophie jumped out of the chair she was sitting on and started to do a little victory dance.

"I don't understand how how you won this time. My calculations were pretty accurate" Spencer huffed as he had yet lost again to Sophie.

 He did not know how she managed to beat him every time he played against her but he was determined to win. Derek stood in front of Spencer's desk and smirked.

"Hotch junior beat you again pretty boy?" He asked whilst doing a handshake with Sophie they had made just for each other. Spencer just nodded and slumped in his chair thinking of ways he could win against her again.

 Sophie saw her dad stand up from his chair in his office and begin to make his way to the door.

That could only mean one thing, there was a case. Although, she loved the fact the team would go catch serial killers there was a part of her that wanted her family to stay for a little longer. She wanted the comfort in their company

 When her dad was gone, she had no one except for Haley and Garcia. One of those who she didn't like. Her dad cleared his throat waiting for everyone's attention to go up to him

"There is a case, everyone meet in the briefing room" And that was Sophie's cue to leave. She made her way to the her second home, Garcia's cave, and punched in the code that Garcia willingly gave her.(Talking about how she loved the presence of Sophie and did not mind sharing the code of her precious office for Soph)

As she walked in, Garcia looked up from her computer and her eyes immediately brightened and she pulled Sophie down on the second chair.

"I have so much to tell you Soph". And as much as Sophie wanted to hear about what kind of gossip Garcia had got,she had a test. Sophie craved academic validation.

 Hitting top for every test she had no matter what subject and having a excellent report card,with teachers singing praises to her and wishing every student could be like her.

Sophie was well known in her school. People knew her for various amount of things. Letting people copy of her homework,writing in students notebooks if they were sleeping in class, always asking people if they were okay. The thing is, people felt safe around her.

They shared deep secrets with her, they cried to her but one thing the school check on was Sophie . She was always there for people, who was there for her? She always had brushed passed the 'are you okay?' question and nobody seemed to notice.

 Sophie had so much feelings bottled up inside of her she was afraid of the one day she would snap. But for now, she was okay.

Underneath all of those 100% marks on her tests was just a girl who wanted her father to notice her hard work and effort she put into her work. Every other day, when Sophie would show her father the work she had done, he would walk past her and say how tired he was from the case the he was working on.

Last year she remembered how on her birthday, she waited until 12 for him to come from work, she just walked passed her and the cake she prepared for her and him to eat and proceeded to tell her how tired he was from the case he was working on.

Aaron Hotchner had just missed his daughters birthday. That day, Sophie cried herself to sleep muffling her sobs by putting her face into her pillow. The only people who remembered her birthday were Penelope and Spencer. She was already close to them but on that day, she became closer to them.

Maybe one day he would notice her...

A/n: Ok so first of all thank you sm for 100 views ilysm. I decided to share a bit on Sophie's raw and genuine life for this chapter so yall can know a bit about that. I'm also british so idk anything about highschool. All I know is secondary school and the years up till year 11 so I'm sorry for any mistakes about her school life later in the future. Take care of yourselves and your mental health!!

Ilysm <33