C h a p t er 7

Sophie was freaking out. Her step-mother water had just broke and her dad wasn't even here yet. Even though Sophie disliked the women, it didn't mean she wouldn't help her. 

"Ok-ok. Bag check, snacks check, clothes che-"

"SOPHIE JUST HELP ME" Haley screamed as her contractions got worse. Sophie paled at the thought of Haley giving birth in their house. She really didn't want that.

She had called a Uber but so far it hadn't come yet and Sophie was freaking out more and more. 

"I can't do this I just can't" Sophie murmured to herself. Haley looked up at her scrunching her eyebrows up in pain. 

"Hey-hey, look at me. We will both get out of this just fine" Haley softly stated as she cupped Sophie's face. Sophie nodded slowly as she relaxed into Haley's arms. For the first time in her life she felt comfortable with her. 

The cab arrived and soon they would be arriving in the hospital. Sophie had called her father but he couldn't come due to weather problems. (A/N: I don't know if he actually was with Haley whilst she was giving birth so I just made this up)

Haley was squeezing the life out of Sophie's hands and Sophie was sure her hand had lost all circulation but frankly she didn't care. As long as Haley was okay. 

Whilst they were driving to the hospital, Sophie thought a lot. She realised Haley was a lot more nicer than she thought. Sophie had made her up to be this kind of monster who took her father away but she thought about it and she made up her mind that she was actually being petty. 

Sophie softly squeezed Haley's hand as a doctor ushered her a room. Sophie was about to leave as she didn't want to really witness her new sibling being pushed out. As she was about to stand up from the hospital bed, Haley gripped onto her arm tightly but not enough to hurt her. 

"Please. stay" Haley whispered. Sophie then realised Haley's sister wasn't come because she lived far away and that her father was not here too. Sophie would have to fill into their role for the moment. Sophie sat back down.

"You cant squeeze my hand as hard you want. Don't worry about hurting me. You're hurting more" Sophie softly brushed Haley's hair back as she doctor told Haley how the baby wouldn't be born until a few more hours so she could relax. Sophie chuckled shaking her head as Haley looked up at her.

"What's so funny" Haley asked confused. 

"Well if you really want to know. For the longest time, I didn't like. No offense. I thought you had taken my father away from me but I was wrong. You make him happy. And I am really sorry for always declining your offers to come shopping with you or go the babies appointments. You were the kindest to me for a long time. I am sorry Haley" Sophie stated to her tears dripping from her face 

This was the first time she showed vulnerability to anyone. 

"I accept your apology and I get where you were coming from. you're not just to blame I am" Haley had tears in her eyes. Sophie went to object but Haley shook her head. 

"Don't you dare object Sophie Hotchner. I was mean to you too. I thought 'if she doesn't like me why should I keep trying' . I am really sorry for not trying hard enough Sophie." Haley stated tears now dripping down her face. Sophie hugged her as Haley wrapped her arms around Sophie.

That day an unbreakable bond was formed.

Haley then told her Sophie she wanted to know everything in her life. From boys or girls in her life to what her favourite color was. 

They spent the next few hours leaning more about themselves that they ever did in the years they spent int the same house. 

"No way. He actually did that?" Haley gasped shocked. Sophie nodded excitedly as she began telling her more stuff. Before she forgot, she brought out a phone for a quick selfie she wanted to take as a memory. Safe to say, when her sibling was being born she was by Haley's side through it all. 

When the team arrived in the hospital, the witnessed the sight of Sophie sleeping on Haley's shoulder and Haley braiding her hair. A lot of memories were formed that day. 

When Sophie awoke, she saw her dad holding her baby brother. He looked up at her and smiled.

"Sophie do you want to hold him?" her father asked whilst rocking her brother.

"Has he talked, walked or had a growth spurt since the last time I held him which was a few hours ago?" Sophie asked sarcastically whilst rubbing her eyes.

 Haley laughed as she held Sophie tighter. It was one of Sophie's memorable moments as she looked at her father.

 She was genuinely happy and nothing could change that. 

(A/n: Heyy. Finally back with another chapter. Sorry i haven't updated. I'm writing a new chapter after this so I hope you can take that as an apology. It's exams week next week and I haven't even started revising yet. Anyways, st 4 was amazing. Eddie is now my new crush. 001 thoo. Make sure to take care of yourself and ALWAYS put yourself first. Byee, Ly <3 )

 Byee, Ly <3 )