C h a p t e r 1 0

Sophie thought everything was going well as nothing bad has happened. Sophie mentally crossed the checklist she had made: Her boyfriend had met her dad, the team surprisingly come around to the idea of the person that had won Sophie's heart, check.

 Everything was going well, she thought. Key word: thought.  Sophie had excused herself to go to the kitchen and began to fill her cup with apple juice (A/N: Apple juice stays on top).

As she turned around, her father was casually standing  in front of her and that caused her to nearly drop her juice. Talk about a jump scare.

That thought made Sophie chuckle as she remembered that one meme about a jump scare. Her father looked at her with a confused face as he saw Sophie awkwardly chuckle out of nowhere. What was up with his daughter?  Sophie  was about to leave the room when her dad called out to her. She saw him hesitate for a second but then he asked her

"Hey Soph, you know you can tell me anything right? He looked at her with a look Sophie couldn't decipher. Sophie slowly nodded as she couldn't tell where this conversation was going.

 Sophie's dad never really had a conversation with her properly so she honestly just felt awkward.  Thankfully, Sophie heard Haley call out to them for dinner and that was her opportunity for a quick escape. She did not want to have a heart to heart with her father right now . She sat down next to her Isaac (her 'boyfriend') and couldn't wait to see where this going to go. 

15 minutes later

Sophie had grown tired of the small talk. Correction, she hated it with a passion. The thought of asking people casual questions that made the conversation even more awkward after they were done was revolting. 

She nudged Isaac as he was busy playing  with the peas on his plate. He quickly looked at her as her nudging got harder. He caught on to what she was doing and as he was about to pull out the ring, the teams phones all rang and that meant one thing, they had a case. 

Sophie mentally groaned as her plan now couldn't work out. Maybe next time. She went through  what had happened at the beginning of the day

One hour earlier

 Ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand? With every guitar string scar on my hand. 

Lover played faintly in the background as Sophie's 'boyfriend' walked into the room 20 minutes later then everyone was expecting. Sophie mentally face-palmed.Sure, why not just be late for the first time you were meeting your girlfriends family?  Sophie picked at her fingers as she realized how many things could go wrong at this moment. 

"Sorry I'm late, I had some busine-" that excuse quickly died down as he saw Sophie's face and he awkwardly laughed trying to ease the tension. 

Sophie practically popped her eyes out when she saw her dad approaching her boyfriend. She squeezed her eyes shut as she thought of the many opportunities Aaron Hochner could approach his daughters boyfriend but as she opened her eyes, she just saw her dad shaking Isaac's hand. The team then began to approach him and she could see Spencer waving from the back. 

Well, guess it didn't turn out too bad.

(A/N:  Heyy guys. Missed you so much. Midnights is finally out!! Favorite song? Mine is probs yoyok or The great war, Honestly, all of them are such good ones. Just wanted to say I'm sorry for  not writing. It's finally half term and  I have no work left so I had spare time on my hands. I don't wanna be the type of person who makes some random excuse so I'm  sorry. Anyways, I love the half term honestly. Gives me a break from school. I hope u guys enjoy and take care of yourselves. Byee <3 . PS: GRACIE IS OPENING FOR TAY?!?)

 PS: GRACIE IS OPENING FOR TAY?!?)