Prologue

Cole crashed into the bathroom and slammed the door behind him. The tears falling from his eyes smeared his eyeliner. He looked into the mirror he sniffed and wiped the long black hair out of his face.

He could not believe she was dead. It just could not be real it could not be true! His Mom's tears told him that it was not a lie, and it was all Hans' fault.

He braced his hands against the sink in his bathroom, and looked at his reflection. He despised that he could not save her, he could only handle life because of her, but now she was gone. He could not live without her, he did not want to. She was the only thing that had kept him grounded for this long.

He stood in front of the mirror, pulled open the drawer, and he grabbed scissors. He cut his hair off and washed the makeup off his face for the last time, he would never be ashamed of his face again. From this moment on, his face would inspire fear in his enemies. When he was done, he turned on the shower and he braced himself against counter and waited. When the mirror fogged up, words wrote themselves on the mirror in front of him by an invisible finger.

Are you ready Cole?

Cole took one hand and swiped across the glass. Instead of his face, starring back at him was the face of a young woman. She had a red streak in her short black hair, and donned a leather jacket that looked like it had blood caked on parts of it.

Anger, loss, and insanity finally consumed him, "I swear on my life they will pay, they will suffer at my hands. The hands of Jack Frost." The fog on the mirror turned to frost at his touch.

The women smiled wickedly.

"Then we better get started," She said. This was the first time he heard her actually speak to him; her voice was sinister and vile. It alone would send shivers down down the spine of any man in his right mind, but Jack smiled, it was too late for him.