The friends

Earlier that year...

Jackson Cole Deaux pulled up to his best friend's house. It was the first day of senior year at Diamond Peaks High School and he was playing a little prank on her. With his friends Jaques and Gus in the back seat of his 2015 blue Subaru Impreza, he prepared himself.

Last night while he was over, he altered the alarm clock to read 7:09 at 6:46 so that it would freak her out this morning when he called.

He pulled out his phone and called his friend, time for the grand reveal.

"Hello...?" She answered, it was obvious he had woken up.

"Are you ready Zie, we are going to be late!" Cole asked urgently. The friend on the other end of the phone, her name was Rapunzel, but ever since Junior High, she had gone by Punzie for short, and then Zie for shorter.

Jackson didn't like to go by his first name either, only his parents called him that. In Junior High, he started being bullied and changed everything about himself. He grew out his hair and dyed it black, and then turned everything about himself to black. His nails, his earrings, his clothes, he even wore black eyeliner. The eyeliner was to cover up the black eyes he got from the school bullies. He would not wear it in the summer time but as soon as school came around, he had no choice.

Cole heard her ruffle around for a bit on the other end of the phone, "Crap! I will be out in a minute."

Cole could barely contain his wry grin, she had checked her clock instead of her phone.

"I just woke you up, didn't I?" Cole snickered. Jaq and Gus burst out laughing behind him.

"Shut up!" Zie yelled loud enough everyone in the car could hear it, before she hung up the phone.

"She hung up on me," Cole announced checking the time on his phone.

Call ended 00:32 Minutes.

"She is going to kill you when she finds out," Jaq snickered. Jaq was lean and intelligent, and he towered at six feet two inches tall. He always wore clothes that were 'In', and wore a smile that always said that he was up to no good.

"Ya, good luck bro," Gus chimed. "Hey if she really does kill you can I have your car?" Gus was short for Octavius, Jaq had given him the nickname Gus back before Zie or Cole had ever met the two. They had been friends practically since birth, but was dwarfed by Jaq and was heavier set. You could never find a closer-knit couple of friends than Jaq and Gus.

"Shut up," Cole reached back to slap and punch both of them playfully, and waited for Zie to run out of her house.