The First Snowflakes

Cole and Zie talked well into the night it was about two in the morning when she finally left. She wanted to climb out the window but Cole insisted on her leaving through the front door so that she wouldn't get hurt.

That night Cole slept, but it wasn't 'soundly'.

He was in the bathroom again facing the mirror, only his reflection wasn't in it. Bloody letters formed again on the mirror.

C...

O...

L...

E...

Cole woke up in a cold sweat, oh God, he really was going crazy.

He looked at the clock and decided he could shower and get ready for the day. Once out of the shower he swiped the fog of the mirror and brushed his teeth, grateful that nothing weird happened.

He threw on a wife beater and a dress shirt that he left unbuttoned with the sleeves rolled up to show off two thick leather bracelets. He also had on a pair of pants and some vans, everything black of course. His shirt covered up the tattoos he had gotten that summer, his mother would have killed him if she had known about them, but at the same time, he got them because of his family.

He painstakingly looked at thousands of pictures to find the right tribute tattoos for his lost family members, because even though they weren't the worlds happiest family they still loved each other. He finally decided to have Zie draw something, and together they came up with three unique snowflakes that matched his family's personalities. He decided to have them put over his right shoulder because he knew that they were always watching over him. Whenever he felt the pain of their loss, he instinctively touched his shoulder where the snowflakes were. Little did anyone else know that he saw them on a regular basis, but it just wasn't the same. They never spoke when they were around, and their presence almost made him ache for them more.

Cole slung his bag over his shoulder and went outside to something that chilled him to the bone. His car was covered in blood. This time it wasn't the kind of blood that went away when he turned around. There were hand prints as if someone was trying to break into his car, but they were only on the windows. He had made sure to lock his car the previous night, so at least nothing would be stolen. He was scared to touch it, so he went inside and got a roll of paper towels and a spray bottle. When he went back outside he sprayed the window and tried to wipe it off he noticed that it wasn't doing anything. It was then he realized the awful truth.

They weren't handprints on the outside of the car, they were on the inside. Cole dropped the spray bottle and the towel. There was no way someone had broken into his car. He stepped back unaware of what could be happening to him, there was no way he was this crazy was he?

His family may have been ghosts, but nothing they touched ever moved.

SLAM!

Cole Jumped as a handprint slammed against the window he was cleaning. He heard the car door unlock and open slowly.

"What do you want from me!" Cole shouted, the door paused. Cole was shaking uncontrollably.

"Cole are you all right?" a voice came from across the street. Once Cole turned to see Marian Hood on the other side of the street, she had been jogging and had pulled out her ear bud to look at him. Instantly, Cole regretted his decision to look away. He looked back at his car and it was spotless, but he couldn't help but notice that all of the doors were unlocked from where he was standing.

"I am fine, I am just a little drowsy from last night and thought I saw something." Jack quickly lied.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Oh ya, I will be fine." Cole tried to hide how scared he was.

"Alright if you say so." Marian put her ear buds in and kept running.

Cole realized he had looked over to talk to her... and had looked away from the car. When he looked back the doors were wide open, and then all slammed shut at the same time. Causing Cole to fall on the grounds, but what kept him from getting up were the words on the glass.

REVENGE!

Cole reached for his phone and pulled it out of his pocket, he took a picture of the words. Maybe someone would be able to help him if he had proof. He looked at the photo on his phone. It was a fuzzy picture since he had been shaking so hard when he took it.

In the photo was the outline of the woman he had seen the day before. He looked at his car and it was spotless and locked again. He looked down at his phone and the picture was still fuzzy but with no trace of the woman.

Cole's fingers shook as he called Jaq, "h-hey J-J-JJ-Jaq," Cole caught his breath and calmed down enough to speak normally. "I need a ride today." He didn't look away from his car for one second until Jaq pulled up to his apartment.