King of New York songfic(Newsies AU collab with @KitExists teaser!)

Me and @KitKatExists are working on a Newsies Hermitcraft au together so I wrote this songfic to promote it! Also check out Kit's art in their art book for our au!
Just to clarify the au is a collab between us but the songfic was written by me.
Also I wasn't originally going to be able to upload this today because of private matters but I was able to find the time to upload.(also New York is AqueTown along with the fact that our au is based off of the musical but I used the movie lyrics for the songfic for some reason)

Xisuma was sitting in the diner with the newsies, he smiled as he looked around at the newsies. They were all crowding around, laughing and pointing as they looked at the paper that he had written, landing them on the front page. Just seeing their looks of joy made him happy.

"A pair of new shoes with matchin' laces," said Zedaph.

"A permanent box at Sheepshead races," added Ren dreamily.

"A porcelain tub with boilin' water," commented Impulse.

"A Saturday night with the Mayor's daughter!" Exclaimed Hels, earning him an annoyed look from Wels.

"Look at me, I'm the king of Aque!" Shouted Grian, standing up in his chair and holding up the paper, pointing at his face on the cover, "Suddenly, I'm respectable. Starin' right at 'cha lousy with stature!"

"Nobbin' with all the muckety mucks. I'm blowin' my dough and goin' deluxe," said Bdubs leaning on a table, his black hair falling out of his red bandanna as he pulled Grian down just to stand up himself.

"And there I be, ain't I pretty? It's my city, I'm the king of Aque," Etho said, he had a glass of what Xisuma hoped was apple juice in his hands.

"A corduroy suit with fitted knickers," said Beef.

"A mezzanine seat to see the flickers," Joe smiled
.
"Havana cigars that cost a quarter," shouted Hels from across the room, Wels continued to glare at him.

"An editor's desk for the star reporter!" Impulse patted Xisuma's shoulder. He knew he should be excited but at the moment he was worried about being kicked out of the diner.

"Tip your hat," said Bdubs, he pulled off his headband as if it was a hat, tipping it to the reporter.

"He's the king of Aque," called out Doc.

"How 'bout that, I'm the King of Aque," Called out Xisuma, forgetting about the very real possibility of being kicked out.

"In nothing flat, he'll be covering Brooklyn to Trenton," cheered Doc. Etho leaned on Doc's shoulder,  he held up the glass of what Xisuma still hoped was apple juice.

"Our man Denton!" Shouted Etho, Xisuma wondered who 'Denton' was before coming to the conclusion that it wasn't apple juice.

"Makin' a headline out of a hunch," pointed out Grian.

"Protecting the weak and payin' for lunch!" Called out Zed.

"When I'm at bat, strong men crumble," said Xisuma, his bright blue eyes glimmering.

"Proud yet humble," shouted Hels, Xisuma questioned if Hels knew the definition of humble judging by what Xisuma had just stated.

"I'm the king of Aque."

"I gotta be either dead or dreamin'. 'Cause look at that pape with my face beamin'," Ren pointed at his black and white colored face on the paper. Xisuma wouldn't describe the newsie's face as beaming, more like he had been in the middle of a sneeze.

"Tomorrow they may wrap fishes in it," pointed out Mumbo who had been sitting silently in the corner, attempting to avoid the chaos. Iskall clambered onto the diner table.

"But I was a star for one whole minute!" He exclaimed. Mumbo looked disapprovingly at his ten year old brother standing on furniture.

"Startin' now, I'm the king of Aque!" Sang Grian, joining Iskall on the table.

"Ain't ya heard? I'm the King of Aque," Bdubs shouted.

"Holy cow, it's miracle!" Exclaimed Impulse.

"Void's cryin'," shouted Hels. It took Xisuma a second to realize the boy was talking about Xathan, not him.

"The Delanceys, their dyin'," added Ren.

"Flashpots are shootin' bright as the sun!" Said Zedaph.

"I'm one highfalutin' son of a gun," bragged Grian.

"Don't ask me how fortune found me," said Beef.

"Fate just crowned me," stated Doc.

"Now I'm king of Aque!" Xisuma smiled.

"Look and see. Once a piker, now a striker. I'm the king of Aque," Etho called out.

"Victory! Front page story!" Exclaimed Wels, his blue eyes gleaming with excitement.

"Guts and glory," grinned Hels, leaning on his brother.

"I'm the king of Aque!" And at that moment Xisuma really did feel like he was the king of AqueTown. If only the newsies knew his little secret.

Featuring:
Xisuma as Katherine
Bdubs as Jack Kelly
Iskall as Les
Mumbo as David
Zedaph, Joe, Doc, Beef, Impulse, Wels, Hels, Grian, Etho and Ren as newsies

Mentioned:
Xathan Void as Pulitzer
Tango and False as the Delancys