Sleep and flight don't mix well(Joe angst because why not-)

Sorry about it being so short-

Permadeath AU

TW: Death, dead body(it isn't gory or graphic)

Joe sighed as he ran out of blackstone once again. He needed the resource for the back box of his Pinball machine mega base. He pulled his long hair into a loose ponytail and equipped his elytra, taking off for spawn town to see if he had any blackstone in his haunted house.

As Joe flew through the air on the way to his starter base he yawned, regretting getting so little sleep the last couple of nights, just enough to keep the phantoms away. He didn't realize until he was halfway between his pinball base and spawn town the fact that he was falling asleep mid-flight. He quickly spammed a couple of rockets shooting him high into the air as he had been flying dangerously close to the ground.

This process happened again and again as he struggled to stay awake. He was almost to spawn town when he couldn't stay awake any longer, he drifted off, falling downwards at an alarming rate.

Joehillssays fell from a high place

***

Cleo stared at the message, a hand covering their mouth.

"Joe." She dropped the communicator and felt tears start to slowly fall down her cheeks. They couldn't believe it, Joe... he was...

Joe was dead.

Cleo prayed that chat was glitching, that maybe Joe was fine, maybe she hadn't lost her friend, Joe had to still be alive, he had to.

She quickly grabbed some rockets and took off. They flew to Joe's base, Joe was nowhere to be seen, they flew over to Joe's haunted house. Cleo froze when she saw a figure in a teal shirt laying on the ground on the way there. They landed, His body lay in a strange angle, his hair was a mess and his elytra had been ripped from the fall. His trident was a couple yards away and a rocket was near his hand.

Joe wasn't breathing, terrified Cleo checked his pulse.

Nothing.

Joe was gone.

He was dead.