Linger (TFC Tribute)

I hope that this will help at least one person deal with their grief. Remember, it is okay to grieve, to cry and mourn. The song featured in this is a song I learned from Girl Scout camp called Linger.

Hmmm, I want to linger, Hmmm, A little longer

TFC slowly climbed down the wooden ladder to his area. Once he reached the bottom he made his way along the mix and matched deepslate and cobblestone path, past all of his strip mine entrances. He watched as the torches along the path flickered as he walked by, bathing the place in a soft yellow glow that comforted him. He walked past them before finally reaching his destination.

Hmmm, A little longer here with you.

He paused as he opened the chest towards the end of the walkway. TFC hesitated, his hand hovering over the pickaxe before taking a deep breath. He grabbed the pickaxe along with some food and a stack or two of torches. He set the items on the ground and he swiftly pulled a hair tie off of his wrist and tied his long silver hair into a ponytail. Afterwards he picked up the items he had got out once again.

Hmmm, It's such a perfect night, Hmmm, It doesn't seem quite right.

He slowly walked over to one of the branch mines, taking in the scenery, studying every rock. He listened to the echo of his own footsteps and the sound of dripping water somewhere in a different mine. He entered the farthest mine, but before he got too far he turned around and said one simple phrase.

Hmmm, That this should be my last with you.

"Goodbye for now."

Hmmm, And as the years go by, Hmmm, I'll think of you and sigh.

His voice was shaky as tears pricked his eyes. TFC smiled sadly before turning around and descending into the mine with a pickaxe tightly gripped in one hand and a torch held high in the other to light his way through the mysterious mine that was the afterlife.

Hmmm, This is goodnight and not goodbye.

I'm sorry this is so short but I needed to make something to remember him. The world has lost two legends in such a short amount of time.
Rest well TFC. /gen