chapter 3

Zoey's POV

I looked for the number 179. ‘Room 178 and room 180, but where’s 179???’ I yelled at myself. I sighed and saw a nurse coming down the room with towels in one hand. I sighed and walked over to the nurse.

"Um, excuse me, I’m new here as a nurse and I can’t seemed to find room 179 anywhere" I asked shyly. She smiled at me, "Oh your Dash’s new nurse" she giggled. "He is such a strange boy. Well I’ll show you" she started to walk down the hall with me following him.

"Um, by any chance do you know anything about him?" I asked. "Like his back ground or family?" I looked at her. "A bit. He use to be my patient also. He’s very mysterious and tends to get in trouble. Always running away and all. It’s a good thing Richard, our boss didn’t fire me. He tends to not eat nor drink so we have to force a tube in him and force him to eat or else he’ll die or even talk to anyone much but Demi. She’s like a mother to him" she said.

I took in all the information and nodded. "Well this is his room. Yeah you might ask why his room is next to room 200, he likes it that way and the boss agreed to that" she started to turn and walk away.

"Thank you!" I called out. "No problem, good luck with Dash!" she answered back. I took a deep breath. Then I knocked on the door. No response. I knocked again and again until I opened the door.

The room was plain and simple (like everything else in the hospital). Plain, white and empty. "Dash?" I said. I looked around the room to find it empty. ‘Where is he?" I thought opening the lights that was closed.

I tense when I saw the guy I saw yesterday. He, like yesterday was the only one not in a hospital gown but in jeans and a black and grey strip T shirt. He was leaning against the door. He looked at me for a second or so, his eyes flashed curiosity but the next second he didn’t look at least one bit kind. He seemed like he hated everything.

"Um, hi" I said. It sounded like it was a question instead of a welcome. "I’m you’re new nurse Zoey" I said. He seemed taken back by my name because his eyes widened a bit before it became cold again. "You must be Dash" I held out my hands as a sign of peace. He ignored me.

Again, he just stood there, glaring at me. I put my hand back down and sighed. I took out the piece of a paper and looked at the questions.

‘Please do not hand back until you quit this job. Your opinion about you patient might change’ I rolled my eyes and look at the first question. ‘Personality of your patient?’

Easy. ‘Quiet, unwelcoming’ I wrote down. I looked up to find him gone. I widened my eyes and looked around the room. "Dash?" Great, just great! The first day and I already lost my guy!

I ran down the stairs and found Demi ordering out papers. "Demi I need you help! Dash is gone!" Demi didn’t look surprise. "Yeah he tends to do that to get the nurse worried and then fired. Here I’ll help find him" she got up and I nodded.

Dash’s POV

I smirked as I see Demi and my new nurse running down the halls, trying to find me. I stood near the corner of the hall, just hidden from anyone’s view. ‘So this is the girl I saw yesterday huh?’ I thought.

Unlike my previous nurses, she was only what? 15 at most? I sighed and strolled out the hospital and into the garden. The sun was shining brightly (like always) and I’m stuck here. Nice huh? I sat in the grass and stared at the sky. ‘They’ll find me sooner or later, and then I’ll make her regret being my nurse.’

But her name, Zoey. Out of all names. But I knew it can't be her. No way.