chapter 8

Dash's POV *13 years ago...*

"Dad when can I leave this place?!" I yelled stumping my foot clearly angry. "I don't know yet Dash. You're heart is weak. I promise I'll visit whenever I can okay?" I held out my pinky finger, "Promise?"

"Promise."

He never came back.

* Present day*

"Liars can burn in hell" I mumbled to myself on top of a tree. "Dash! Where did you go now?!

You stubborn guy get over here right now!" I cocked my head to the side to see my nurse Zoey.

I couldn't help but laugh. She paused and looked up to see me. "You caught me" I held my hands up. "This isn't funny Dash! Get down before you get hurt!" she tried to look calm but her voice sounded like it was in panic.

"Relax it's not like I'm going to throw myself off and die" I said matter of fact. "Get down here

right now!" she demanded. I shook my head, "Make me."

Zoey's POV

"Make me" he said. I growled, "You are such a kid!" I said and put my bag over my shoulder and started to climb. Thank God I'm good at this. In less then 20 seconds I was sitting next to him on a branch.

"If I get caught I'm so blaming you" I said. "All right" he grinned at me and his eyes was curious and amused at my action. I opened my bag and held a sandwich up in front of his

face.

"Here, it's ham and cheese" I mumbled. He took it and bit on it slowly. I tried not to hid how happy I was that he actually ate something. I failed terribly.

"Not bad nurse" he said taking another bite. I chuckle lightly, "That's nice to know. It's finally to talk normally with you for once" I said biting my sandwich. "You think? We're on top of a tree you know?" I chuckle and smiled at him.

"Yep. Oh that reminds me-" I went into my bag and got out the sheet of paper that Demi wanted to fill out.

"Mind if I ask you some question?" I asked. "Sorry no can do. Can you read or something? On top it clearly says you have to figure Dash without me answering it" he said.

I groan, "This isn't working out for me though!" "Can't help you there it's about time for me to go back in my room. Thanks for the disgusting food" he said and before I can say anything he jumped off the tree and landed perfectly.

"Disgusting?! It was not! You jerk! I know you like it because you were eating it!" I shouted. He chuckle and shoved his hands in his pocket before looking at me, "Joking." I paused and looked at the height of me and how far I was form the far.

'Crap' I thought. I was good at climbing, not so good at getting down. Last time I did, I broke my hands. "Uh...Dash a little help please?" I said looking at him.

"With what?" he asked clearly not getting the fact that I can't get down. "I can't climb down, I'm kinda...stuck" I blushed, embarrassed. He started to laugh and stepped toward the tree, "You kidding right?"

"No" I mumbled. "And what would you do if I don't want to help?" he asked curiously. "Don't kid about this! Help me right now!" I said glaring at him. "Fine on one condition" he said.

"What?" I asked but I had a feeling it was something bad. "The hospital won't let me outside unless the nurse agrees and takes me outside. I want to get out of this hell hole for only a day. So I want to go to Demi and ask for permission okay?"

I growled and through the clutched teeth said, "Fine." He nodded, "Good now jump."

"Are you crazy?!" I yelled and held onto the branch to hold my balance. "Trust me on this Zoey jump." I widened my eyes that 1) he called my name and 2) I actually believe he will catch me.

I took a deep breath and before I can stop myself and let go and in the process, lost my balance and landed on top of him. Literally. I was lying on top of his chest. I was too in a daze to get off of him. He didn't seem to mind ( that or he was shocked). I felt my heart beating really fast.

I heard someone clear there throat. I immediately rolled over and landed on the grass. It was Kristen grinning at me. "Is not what it looks like!" I said.

"Sure it wasn't" she chuckle and handed me my school bag. "If you don't mind Dash it's time for us to go home. I'm sure you'll see her tomorrow again" I glared at her before grabbing my bag.

"See ya Dash. Thanks for the help. I'll ask Demi later about the getting out of the hospital thing. Bye!" With that I dashed off, to embarrassed to look at him.