chapter 14

Zoey's POV 1 month later...

After what happened with Dash, we haven't been talking a lot lately, he knows that there's no cure but I still want him to have hope that a miracle might happen. It makes my stomach twist on how someone can know that they might die and yet he can live like that.

I sighed and entered his room. I gave him a small smile and nodded at me and continue to reading his book. "Hey Dash, what's up?"

"Nothing much, reading a book that Demi recommended to me. Remind me to never take her advice, it's a chick book. You wanna read it?" he grinned at me. "No thank you" I fixed my scrub.

"Oh yeah I have something to give you" he went into his drawer. He's going to give me something? Shocking much. It was a small wrapped box. "I don't want you to open it yet" he said seriously. I looked at the box curiously.

"So when can I ?" I asked looked up at him. His eyes were distant. "When I'm dead" he said and there was no emotions in his voice. My heart dropped to my stomach. "Would you stop saying that?!" I yelled at him.

"Zoey I know this is hard but I'm given only a year to live there's no way I can get a cure in time" he said softly. "You think we're not trying?! This is hard on everybody Dash not just you! This is hard on me also! We're all trying to help!" I yelled, tears running down my cheeks.

"Help? Again Zoey I'll say it again. No one can help me it's not curable, I was born like this, I'll die like this. No one can help me" he said looking away, "I've been living here all my life,waiting for a day where I'll wake up and I'll be dead. You have no idea how much I've been though. Soon, maybe tomorrow It's over" he said.

"Dash, it's never over. Never ever! We're all trying why can't you see that?!" I yelled at him. Demi burst through the door, "What happened?! I got a lot of complain from the people next to your room is everything all right?!"

I glared at him and then turned to Demi, "Nothing, I'm done, I'm sorry Demi but I quit" I turned to Dash, " If you want to give up that badly, if you don't want me to be your nurse and help you then fine!" I drop the wrap present he gave me on the floor and ran out the room, out of the hospital.

I never plan to go back.

Dash's POV

"Dash are you all right?" Demi asked sitting next to me. I didn't say anything. She's gone, she's really gone. I never felt this miserable when any other of my nurse left, in fact I felt happy.

But when Zoey left.

I felt like I just died. "Dash you need to eat something" Demi said as she gave me a worried glance. "No" I said with no emotion what so ever. I didn't feel like doing anything.

"Dash-" I cut her off. "Just leave" I said rather coldly. She got up and left the room without a word. I went into my drawer and pulled out the small razor I kept hidden for several reason.

I dragged the razer across my wrist slowly and rather deeply. Hot red blood started to stream out. I let the razor fall to the ground. I sighed, I didn't know what was wrong with me, but I want my nurse back.