01

𝐘𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖

The sound of the clock ticking,

the scribbling of pen and crumbling of paper can be heard inside the room.

The lamp is the only source of light inside the gloomy room yet clean and organized. The dazzling trophies are fully stacked on 5 long wall shelves from the top to the bottom.

"No...this solution is wrong." she said and crumbles the paper for the nth time.

'Shit, where did I go wrong?' she asked herself.

She combed her (h/c) hair in frustration. Lately, the young girl had been studying advanced level lessons.

"Damn it...." she bit her lower lip as it shed blood.

She looks over at her clock and it was already 5 in the morning, she did not get any sleep the whole night as she was occupied by her studies.

"If I don't finish this, I'll be a failure and disgrace to our family" she held the pen tightly and started to write again.

9 YEARS AGO

"Listen here, Y/N. To get the limit of this problem, you should...."

The 6-year-old girl yawned at his uncle's discussion. Despite not knowing what he was explaining, she still answers her uncle's math problems correctly.

'How long do I need to listen?' she sighed in her head. 'I don't even know what he's saying, I'm just solving things he discussed.'

"Okay, that's it for today's lesson" this statement piqued Y/N's interest.

'YES!' she cheered.

"You're doing a good job, Y/N. I hope you'll keep improving as you grow" her uncle said as he walks away.

"Hehe, of course, I will!" this made her uncle stop in his tracks.

"Who will you choose? Me or your mother?" questioning Y/N for the hundredth time, she would always pick him because of chocolates.

"You of course!" she gleamed.

"Good" then he walked away without spatting his attention to the child.

The same course would happen daily she eats, sleeps, studies, and rests. Not until the moment when she was playing with her stuffed toy — piggy.

"Hehe, piggy~" she throws her toy up into the air as her goal is to touch the ceiling. She did this for the last 3 minutes.

"Maybe I should use some force" and so she did, she throws it as hard as she can. The toy lifted into the air, her eyes following its trajectory of it.

The toy hit the hanging clock, her eyes widened as she was not expecting that her toy will hit the clock.

The clock was already on the ground as the noise made her grandparents, mother, and uncle run to her spot.

"What happened?!" her grandma questioned. Her eyes set on the broken clock as she approaches the crying child. "Are you hurt?" she queried.

Her mother soon followed her grandma and she tries to comfort the child. Y/N explained everything and blame herself for breaking the clock.

"It wasn't your fau-" her grandma's line was cut by her uncle.

"Out" he said which made everyone confused. "OUT, I SAID!!" he yelled at the child who was in horror.