04

𝐘𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖

'I wish to experience happiness in my next life'

It was quiet although the howling of the wind and splashing of the waves mixed into the air yet the sound soon disappeared.

She opened her eyes, it was bright at first but soon adjusted to the light.

'Huh? A merman?' her eyes focused on the man swimming towards her as the surroundings were blurry.

'I never thought these were real. I'm glad I saw a beautiful merman before I disappear' she slightly smiled.

'The ocean is so quiet....and soft?' confused as she was. She scrunched her face while his eyes were closed.

'When did the sea become soft?'

Her eyelids slowly opened from her sleep.

"Where am I?" she looks around as her body lays on the soft bed.

It was an unfamiliar room in a secluded place to be precise. She suddenly looks under the blanket as the realization hits her.

"EH?!?!" she screamed. "W-when did I change my clothes?!" her neck craned left and right and her eyes scanned the place.

A man with a tiger tattoo on his neck appeared in front of her. His hair was goofy to her as it looks like a banana.

"Are you alright?" he asked concernedly.

"Who?" she asked the man's whole existence.

"O-oh, don't worry! An old lady in this neighborhood helped you change!" he tells her. "You can ask her to see if I'm telling the truth."

'For a man like him, he's most likely a delinquent'

"How could I trust you?"

His eyes widened at her question, it was normal for her to act and question like that.

"I know for a delinquent like me, you wouldn't believe me..." he explained. "and an escapee" he mumbled the last part which Y/N couldn't hear properly.

"I have no intention of staying here" she slowly got up from the bed.

"A-are you sure, miss?" he asked.

"Why would I stay here with someone I hardly know?" she raised her brow at him.

He couldn't say anything since she was right. Even if he puts himself in her situation, he would under what it felt like in her shoes.

"You do have a point." he scratched his neck. "I saw you on the cliff before...doing your plan" he shifts the topic.

"Where are my clothes?" she stood up slowly in pain because the waves hit her back, trying to avoid the topic.

"Careful now, I don't want to waste any more money because of you" he jesters her and approaches slowly as his hands tried to reach her to help.

Even though he bought some medicine from the money he stole on his way to a woman like her.

She slapped his hands a sign that she did not want any help.

"Who said you should help me? You could have gone on your way and pretended you didn't see my fall from that cliff" she remarked as she glares at him.