08

𝐘𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖

The huffing sounds of each other, desperation to gasp for air.

Their chests rise up and down, sweat falling from their faces as both of them can't utter a single word.

Both of them stared for a while before Kazutora could talk.

"Are you okay?" he asked out of concern.

She was still slowly breathing for air, trying not to panic and remain calm.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you have a weak body."

She shakes her head in disagreement, trying to say that it wasn't her fault.

"I..it wasn't your.. fault" she paused. "I.. didn't inform....you." she breathes heavily.

"If I had known, I would've carried you while we were running away." he doesn't know what to do, whether he should pat her back or hold her hand for her to squeeze.

"Lemme just rest and breathe properly" she managed to say while her right hand rested on the tree, supporting her body.

"That would be better" he said. "Should I go fetch you some water?"

Her head slowly moved in his way and looked at him with an are-you-serious? look.

"Ah!" he panicked, realizing that they were in the middle of the forest.

Y/N shakes her head saying it's fine. Her breathing seems to be unstable, so she decided to sit.

Kazutora was busy looking around just in case there were wild animals near them.

She slowly sat and rested the back of her head on the tree. Her eyesight was beginning to darken as her eyelids seemed to get heavier.

Y/N's hands were getting cold, she keeps grabbing the edges of her clothes.

'Shit... I don't want to experience this again' she thought.

"Hey" she weakly said however Kazutora didn't hear it.

'Fuck' she cursed. 'Calm down... Just breathe in and out'

That's what she thought but it wasn't helping her in her state.

"I don't see any wild animals around...." Kazutora's voice was starting to fade as Y/N's ears were ringing and all she could hear was her heartbeat and breathing.

Kazutora didn't hear anything from the (h/c) haired girl. Usually, she would give him an immediate response however it was taking her too long to reply this time.

He turned around only to see Y/N's body on the ground. Her skin complexion was pale and she was sweating profusely.

Out of instinct, he immediately ran in her direction. He hesitated to touch her at first but Y/N's life is at stake. He'll just apologize later for touching her without her permission.

"Y/N" he called as he puts her head on his lap, holding her cold hands and squeezing them to receive a reaction from her yet nothing.

"Shit" he cursed out. "What do I do?" he panicked.

Out of frustration, he cried. He doesn't want someone to die in front of him.

"What do I do... Baji? Kazuha..." he called the first two people who are close to him; his friend and sister.

Y/N's eyes landed on Kazutora's face, he had mixed emotions planted on his face. But mostly, fear was evident in his teary eyes and quivering lips.

It looked like he was about to cry because he didn't know what to do. Y/N still managed to smirk despite her condition.

She cups his left cheek for him to calm down, saying:

"I'll be fine" knowing well that it would be the last thing she'll say before she passed out.

"You'll be back, right?" she asked a certain person in front of her.

The person smiled and said:

"Of course, I will always come back."

"That's a promise" the little girl smiled and then suggested. "Let's do the pinky promise."

"Let's do it next time when I come back, okay?" the person hugged the little girl. "Be a good girl and study well."

"I will" she pouted, sadness can be seen on her face. The person ruffled the little girl's hair.

"Don't be mad, when I come back, I'll buy you a stroller bag that you've been asking for a long time" she said to cheer up the child.

"REALLY?!?! YEHEYYYY" she jumped around and hugged the person. "That's a promise, okay?! I won't forget that."

"Yes, yes. I promise." the person patted the girl's head.

"It's time" a man said. The person looked down at the child and smiled.

"I'll be back, don't worry." the person kissed the child's forehead. "Study and eat well."

With that, the person walked away from the child without looking back. The man earlier held the child's shoulder.

"Let's go now."

"She'll be back, right?" the child asked the man.

He paused for a moment yet responded with a:

"Yes, she'll be back."

"Mom will buy me a stroller bag when she comes back, that's what she said." Y/N smiled brightly.

Her uncle remained silent, not bothering to say anything to her statement. Not until he had an idea to say.

"Y/N, why didn't you cry when your mom left you here with me?"

"Why would I? She'll come back and my mom trusts you in taking care of me." she replied.

"You are a one weird child."

"Mom...." she mouthed in her sleep.

" she mouthed in her sleep

©𝐬𝐲𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐮